Opera Software ASA heeft de tweede preview vrijgegeven van de aankomende internetbrowser Opera versie 7.60. Deze is beschikbaar voor het Windows-, Linux-, FreeBSD- en Solaris-platform en voor een aantal verschillende architecturen. Ook bij deze preview wordt er een lange lijst met veranderingen meegeleverd. Bekijk die voor het Windows-platform hier en voor het FreeBSD-, Linux- en Solaris-platform hier. Het algemene changelog ziet er als volgt uit:
Mail and messaging:
- Simplified first start-up dialog.
- Menus have undergone a significant simplification. Note in particular:
- The "Window" menu has been removed. Most of the options have been moved to the tab context (right-click) menu.
- The Navigation menu is now a sub-menu of View and has been shortened. Enable the navigation bar or use toolbar shortcuts for easy site navigation using embedded links.
- The Mail and Chat menus have been combined to form the Messages menu. IMAP folders, newsgroups and newsfeeds are found in Messages > Subscribe.
- "Save with images as" is now an option within the Save dialog; select "HTML with images" as file type.
- The Links page is now in the Tools menu.
- Toolbar and panel customization is now done from within the "Customize" dialog.
- "Create linked" has been moved to the tab context menu.
- Major changes have also been done to toolbars and button setup:
- New pages have a start bar that replaces the personal bar as part of the default setup.
- Added dropdown button for easy access to closed pages on the page bar. The button doubles as blocked pop-up notifier.
- Added close icon for every tab on the page bar.
- The eye icon on the right end of the address bar toggles a view toolbar with "Find in page", voice icon, and view options.
- The security icon (padlock) and RSS icon are now displayed within the address field when on a secure page or a page correctly linked to a valid RSS newsfeed.
- Menu bar buttons for minimizing/maximizing, restoring and closing pages (MDI buttons) have been removed.
- "Block unwanted pop-ups" is now enabled by default.
- Option to simply press Enter in a http-auth dialogue to use the first stored Wand login has been restored.
- Possibility to use security password without reentering every time has been restored.
- Fixed issue with text selection for justified text.
- "Continue from last time" remembers fit-to-width setting.
- Several minor focus issues solved.
- Space + Shift when a forms button is focused should submit in the background.
- Added Alt + Backspace as shortcut for "undo".
- Chat status is now set globally in Messages > Chat status.
- Added /invite as typed chat command.
- Fixed scrolling issue in chat pages.
- Improved "Add newsfeed?" dialog.
- Re-enabled smileys in e-mail/news/newsfeeds.
- Several improvements to quick reply: expand automatically when typing multiple lines, handle one draft per message, and reset focus to message list after replying.
- Improved handling of file name characters when saving e-mail attachments.
- Improved news URL handling.
- Fixed problem with e-mail import from Outlook Express where mailboxes were assumed empty.
- Render black background again in small-screen mode to make the document width more visible.
- Borders in SSR set to "not specified" rather than zero.
- Fix for zoom not being preserved on pages containing frames.
- Changed calculated line height to be based on actual font size rather than specified font size.
- Allow mixing of background-position and keyword, in accordance with CSS2.1.
- Fix for issue with elements with negative text-indent inside floating block. "border: 0;" on input will produce a text field with no border. Improved handling of forms padding.
- Borders for radio buttons and checkboxes can not be turned off with CSS.
- Fixed problem with disabling form styling causing borders around all form elements to disappear for all open pages with forms.
- Speedier recognition of :hover.
- Improved handling of paged media.
- Solved issue with display of wrong favicon when multiple icons are located on the same server.
- Recognize "application/vnd.wap.xhtml+xml" documents as handheld.
- Multiple fixes to XMLHttpRequest support.
- Solved issue with attributes with certain names and values being inaccessible when using DOM for XML documents.
- Referrers will be remembered when a script is reread from the cache.
- Let link actions and the link pop-up menu work if a link has been selected as text.
- TLS 1.1 setting removed — for now.
- Sonera CA certificates added.
[break]Opera 7.60 preview 2 is in de volgende smaken binnen te halen:
- Multiple improvements to printing.
- Multiple stability fixes.
- Fixed problem with frozen file uploads.
- Several improvement to spell-checking feature.
- Multiple fixes for display of bi-directional text.
- Improved performance of page navigation during page loading.
- If Java is enabled, but not found, the user will be prompted and offered a download. If confirmed, go to JRE download page.
- Improved search in page.
- Improved plug-in handling.
- Convert newlines to spaces and convert non-printing characters in bookmark names.
- Fix to ensure consistency in generated bookmark names.
FreeBSD x86 (static - shared)
Linux x86 (static - shared)
Linux PPC (static - shared)
Linux Sparc (static - shared)
Solaris Sparc (static - shared)