Eerder maakten we al melding van de eerste pre-release van Audacity 1.2.2 en nu is de final uitgekomen. Audacity is een open source-audio editor en beschikbaar voor Linux, MacOS 9 en X, en Windows. Het programma kan geluid opnemen, wav-, aiff-, ogg- en mp3-bestanden importeren en exporteren, en heeft een ongelimiteerde undo. Daarnaast heeft het een hoop effecten aan boord, zoals fade-in en uit, echo, tempo veranderen en Noise Removal. Meer effecten kunnen eenvoudig worden toegevoegt, want het programma ondersteund zowel VST als LADSPA plug-ins. De zojuist uitgekomen release wordt met het volgende changelog geleverd:
Changes in Audacity 1.2.2
Known bugs in Audacity 1.2.2:
- Meter Toolbar added for monitoring volume levels during playback and recording. Click on the recording meter to monitor the input without recording.
- Export Multiple - new feature that lets you export multiple files at once, either by track, or split based on labels.
- Attempt to automatically correct latency in full-duplex recordings. (This does not work perfectly, and is not yet supported on all systems. It will improve in future versions.)
- Fixed a serious bug that could cause data loss when you save and then reload and re-edit an Audacity project containing repeated or duplicate data.
- MP3 tags dialog will only pop up the first time you export as MP3; after that it will not pop up again as long as you have filled in at least one tag.
- You can now add a label at the current playback position - in the Project menu, with a shortcut of Ctrl+M.
- Clicking on a label now selects all of the tracks, making it easier to use the label track to recall selections.
- Windows: Fixed a crash in the Time Track "Set Rate" command.
- Fixed a bug that caused problems with recordings over 45 minutes on some Windows systems.
- Mac OS X: Improved support for the Griffin iMic by fixing a bug that was causing it to always record in mono instead of stereo.
- Added support for Software Playthrough (listen to what you're recording while recording it, or while monitoring using a VU meter) - this makes it possible, for example, to record using one audio device while listening to it play through a separate device.
- Unix/Linux: Fixed freeze caused by captured mouse when audio device hangs. (Audacity may not respond, but it will no longer freeze all of X.)
- Fixed a cosmetic bug that caused improper waveform display if you tried to open an Audacity project saved on a different platform (e.g., copying a project from a Mac to a PC).
- Fixed bug that could cause instability when pasting, splitting, or duplicating a label track.
- You can now change the font of a label track by choosing "Font..." from the label track's pop-up menu.
- Basic printing support has been added. Currently it scales the entire project to fit exactly on one page. Try printing in landscape orientation for best results.
- Mac OS X and Windows: Audacity ships with a newer version (1.0.1) of the Ogg Vorbis encoder. Vorbis compression will now have higher quality and smaller file sizes.
- Fix a bug that occasionally caused crashes when applying effects to split tracks.
- Zoom In / Zoom Out now properly disable when they're not available.
- Always delete temporary files created by the "Preview" feature.
- Other minor bug fixes and performance improvements.
- Audacity can import and display MIDI files, but they cannot be played or edited.
- Linux: Recording in full duplex (play existing tracks while recording) on some systems causes mono recordings to sound slowed-down.
- MacOS X: Audacity cannot work with files or folders that are contained inside folders with international characters (accent marks, etc.) in their names. Note that files with accented characters work, and Audacity projects with accented characters work. Only files inside of folders with accented characters in their names will cause problems.[break]