Enkele dagen geleden is er een nieuwe versie van NewsBin Pro uitgekomen. Het programma is in staat om zogenoemde gesplitte binaries van een nieuwsserver te downloaden en weer in elkaar te zetten. Vanaf versie 4.31 werkt het programma niet meer onder Windows 9x of Me, voor hen is versie 4.22 de laatste versie die kan worden gebruikt. Versie 4.32 wordt vergezeld van de volgende release notes:
- Do not retry forever on "temporary" errors. News server error reporting is not consistent enough to be able to tell the difference between a temporary error and a permanent error.
- Removed sequential servers option. It was there as a workaround when one of the news servers disallowed multiple simultaneous connections to their servers. This is no longer necessary and was causing problems.
- Added a percent complete status for incomplete posts.
- Modified Save button tooltip to reflect the fact that the download list is saved as well.
- Fixed sort in downloaded files list to be case insensitive like the other lists.
- Fixed bug where the Goto Files function would not work for groups containing a ".com" in the name.
- Using Goto Files on a group that does not have a folder created for it yet yields a more intuitive error message now "Windows cannot find this file".
- Fix problem saving download list if NewsBin is not closed after the list is saved
- New option to run on verbose messages in status messages screen. Replaces and enhances the old "show server commands" option under Preferences/Options/Network tab.
- Chunks folder now gets trimmed to 2 days after a spool load or header download from any group instead of on startup only.
- Implemented plugin versioning so old plugin dll's would not conflict
- New BNS.DLL file to process BinNews .bns file format
- New PARFILTER.DLL file to filter in all posts associated with a downloaded PAR or PAR2 file
- New NZB.DLL file with additional logic to keep NZB filenames with embedded spaces from failing and to filter any binary data that was inadvertently added.
- Each Part #0 is separated out as a single part post. It will disappear if you have size filters in place.
- Modified the built-in size filter override for PAR files to not include files with the characters "par" in them, like "Part1".
- Fixed bug where group order would change when you drag and drop a group of groups.
- If you are one to watch the Status Messages tab, let us know if you see error messages that don't seem to be accurate.
- Shipped plugins are now NZB.dll, BNS.dll, and PARFILTER.dll. Several other plugins are under development by other NewsBin users.
- Multipart posts with a very small final part won't get downloaded. This situation is rare and the risk for introducing new problems is high if we try to fix this in the 4 series. We'll make sure that Version 5 does not have this problem.
- If you add a new server, it doesn't get used until a restart.
- Toolbar position is not remembered correctly between runs if it is moved and NewsBin is not in full screen mode. [break]