De nieuwe versie van Mozilla Thunderbird heeft als rugnummer 0.6 gekregen. Thunderbird is een gratis, open-source- en crossplatform e-mail- en newsgroupclient met features als een junkmailfilter, spellingscontrole, de mogelijkheid om de functionaliteit verder uit te breiden met behulp van extensions en de look te veranderen met themes. Het nieuwe logo is een van de meest opvallende veranderingen, maar zeker niet de enige. Hieronder staat het volledige changelog:
- Windows Installer
Thunderbird now comes with an installer for Windows making it easier than ever to start using Thunderbird!
- New Default Theme on Mac OS X
The new Pinstripe theme fits in with the look of Mac OS X.
- Improved Junk Mail Controls
The algorithm for the adaptive junk mail controls has been heavily redesigned to learn faster and catch more spam.
- New Brand Identity
To be consistent with the Mozilla Foudation's goal of brand identity, Thunderbird has a new logo and supporting artwork thanks to the fine work of the Mozilla Visual Identity team.
- Other New Features...
- IMAP users can now benefit from support for the IMAP IDLE command which allows the mail server to push notifications such as new mail arriving as soon as it arrives.
- Thunderbird supports server-wide news filters that apply to all newsgroups on a server.
- Thunderbird includes Secure Password Authentication using a new cross-platform NTLM authentication mechanism for IMAP, POP3 and SMTP.
- Mail filters can now mark messages as junk.
- Offline support is an optional download component in the Windows installer and is no longer a separately-downloaded extension.
- Mac OS X users now get new mail notification in the system dock.
- The DOM Inspector is an optional download component in the Windows installer for theme authors.
- Tools > Options > Compose > HTML Options allows you to set up default HTML compose options such as font, size and color.
- Attachments can be opened directly from the compose window to verify their contents before sending.
- Thunderbird now supports the notion of multiple identities per mail account. This makes it easy to have several e-mail addresses which end up going into the same account. Read More about how to set this up.
- Recently Fixed Bugs
- In the case of a failure when copying a message to an online Sent folder, Thunderbird will now ask if you would like it to try again.
- 0.6 on Windows includes several improvements to Simple MAPI that allow it to work with older versions of Microsoft Office.
- Pasting data from an OpenOffice.org spreadsheet no longer pastes random HTML garbage before the actual spreadsheet data into HTML compose.
- Fixed several situations where LDAP connections were left open when using LDAP auto complete or performing searches on LDAP directories.
- Improved view source behavior.
- Mail notification for POP3 messages that are marked deleted or marked read by mail filters no longer occurs.
- The "Mark All Read" keyboard shortcut now works for Linux GTK2.
[break]De volgende uitvoeringen van deze virtuele postduif zijn te downloaden:
- Important If you used a prior version of Thunderbird and installed themes OR extensions, you need to do the following or Thunderbird will NOT run properly. Find your profile directory. There should be a sub-directory called chrome. Remove everything in chrome. This will not affect your mail data or preferences. You will then need to re-install the 0.6 compatible version of any themes/extensions you want.
- To get the best possible experience from the new junk mail controls, we highly recommend that you re-train the filters from scratch. Tools > Junk Mail Controls > Adaptive Filters > Reset Training Data. Be sure to train an equal number of good and junk messages. We recommend several hundred messages of each.
- Linux: Thunderbird properly dispatches browser URLs to the default browser. Read more about how to hook this up.
- HTTP Proxy Authentication and Thunderbird. If your network uses proxy authentication for HTTP, Thunderbird fails to bring up an authentication dialog which keeps it from fetching the http parts through the proxy.
- The default dictionary is English-only. To add a non-English dictionary, read the installation instructions.
- The enable/disable option for adaptive junk mail detection appears to apply to all accounts (Tools > Junk Mail Controls > Adaptive Filters). It is, however, a per account option. To set the option for a specific account, choose the account in the 'Account:' dropdown on the 'Settings' panel, then switch to the 'Adaptive Filters' panel and set the option. Repeat per account as needed.
- Mozilla App-Suite profiles are not currently migrated to Thunderbird. You can migrate your Mozilla profile manually.
- The default theme is almost finished. There are still some Classic theme icons in the UI. Please do not file bugs about icons not being converted to the new theme.
- If you use the mailnews.reply_header_authorwrote preference, it no longer accepts HTML. It is a unicode pref and you can use a UTF-8 editor to add international characters.
Mozilla Thunderbird 0.6 Windows installer (7,92 MB)
Mozilla Thunderbird 0.6 Linux GTK2+XFT (9,68 MB)
Mozilla Thunderbird 0.6 MacOS X (10,58 MB)