Inno Setup is een programma waarmee je op een eenvoudige manier een installatie programma in elkaar kan zetten. Ondersteuning voor zip, bzip2 en lzma compressie is aanwezig tevens ook mogelijkheden om 'silent' installaties te maken. Versie 4.2.0 is onlangs uitgebracht waar onder andere de CRC checksums worden vervangen door MD5 checksums. Het changelog ziet er als volgt uit:
- Changed the way Setup handles situations where a file already exists on the user's system and it has the same version number as the file being installed.
The new behavior has two advantages:
- The new behavior: It now compares the contents of the two files, and replaces the existing file if they are different in any way. (The comparetimestamp flag has no effect.)
- The old behavior: Before, it never replaced the existing file, except when the comparetimestamp flag was used and the existing file had an older time stamp.
- If an existing file is partially corrupted, it will now be replaced. Previously, it compared only the version numbers and not the content of the files; as long as the version info portion of the existing file was intact, the file would not be replaced.
- It is now less critical that you increment the version numbers of your executables with every release. Previously, if you forgot to increment a file's version number in a new release, that file wouldn't be replaced on the user's system (assuming you didn't use the ignoreversion flag). Now that it additionally checks the contents of the files, this is no longer an issue.
- It's now possible to set the time/date stamps of installed files by using the new touch flag supported by the [Files] section, and the new [Setup] section directives TouchFileDate and TouchFileTime.
- Improved the "auto-retry" feature of the [Files] section:
This feature is now documented in the Remarks section of the [Files] section documentation.
- Now, it only automatically retries when an existing file cannot be replaced because it is in use (as opposed to retrying on every error condition, which wasn't very helpful).
- It now retries on both silent on non-silent installs (as opposed to just silent installs).
- Added a Languages subdirectory with official Dutch and German translations. (ML & Michael Reitz)
- Added new Languages.iss and Components.iss example scripts. (ML, JR)
- Now ensures file I/O error messages are always properly localized. Previously, certain rarely-encountered I/O error messages were fixed in English.
- Now internally uses MD5 instead of CRC for file checksums.
- Added support function GetMD5OfFile. (ML)
- Based on Innerfuse Pascal Script 3 CVS code from 2004-03-19 13:00 GMT.
- Minor tweaks.