Media Player Classic is een compacte mediaspeler voor het Windows-platform met een overzichtelijk uiterlijk. Ondersteuning voor veel bestandsformaten is aanwezig waardoor de populaire audio- en videobestanden probleemloos afgespeeld kunnen worden. De ontwikkelaar heeft sinds kort versie 188.8.131.52 beschikbaar gesteld waar de volgende veranderingen in terug zijn te vinden:
[break]De volgende twee downloads staan klaar:
- Mpeg video decoder: implemented frame-dropping (b-frames only) when running late and added a new sse2 idct (intel's code, AP-945), now high-definition clips should keep the sync at least
- Mpeg splitter: plays discontinuous/joint files to the end but seeking still broken with those, also recognizes aac streams and misdetects others as lpcm less frequently
- New aac decoder based on libfaad, coreaac didn't handle mpeg's aac very well for some reason (he-aac, stereo downmixing supported)
- Volume normalizer can be "boosted" a bit in case you find the level still low, look for the slider next to the normalize checkbox
- Added a /nofocus command line switch. Guess what it does! Through the web interface browse.html also accepts a focus=no GET parameter with the same effect
- More fine tuning of the internal splitters' packet buffering.
- Fixed the "higher than normal" priority option, it was not applied after reopening the player.
- New option to launch files in fullscreen (checkbox at options/player)
- 7th internal logo by Steve Smith (looks very nice), if you made any in the past contact me again and I'll add your name to the logo chooser page, next to your logo. For now with the exception of the new one, only an "Author unknown" text will be displayed there because I can't remember which one came from who
- Fixed the file browser not displaying anything on cd drives under xp, when the recording feature of the operating system is enabled
- Almost 200KB increase in file size! No, it's not (just) the logo (~50k compressed), but libfaad was also huge
- For those who can recompile the sources: running filters.bat is no longer needed. After adding the lib of the new aac decoder onto the list VC couldn't link it anymore (it crashed...), so I had to add each lib separately to the additional dependecies of mpc to overcome this problem.