sunturion heeft op de site van DivX een nieuwe versie van DivX Player gevonden. De release is bestempeld als 2.5.3 en hier te downloaden. Het programma is in staat om DivX-films af te spelen. Daarbij kan DP de kwaliteit, helderheid en contrast van de media aanpassen. De volgende changes zijn van toepassing op 2.5.3:
- The escape (ESC) button can now be used to exit fullscreen mode.
- The feedback information that is displayed while a movie is being downloaded will now be shown in fullscreen mode.
- The performance for progressive playback (i.e., beginning playback of a movie while it is still downloading from a remote server) on lower end machines. Performance is greatly improved.
- The email message sent out after a change password request. In previous versions, if an incorrect username was entered into the change password dialog, that incorrect user would get an email and not understand why they received it.
- An error message that would tell you there was an invalid FOURCC code when the real problem was a corrupted DirectX installation. The error message now provides better information, and suggests that you reinstall DirectX to solve the problem.
- The recently played file list now displays references to recent files in a more consistent way. In past versions, files opened with the "Open URL" command would be displayed in one way, while files opened with the "Open" command would be displayed a different way.
- The "Time remaining" for movie downloads is now displayed in the Playback Properties window.
- Various other error messages have been cleaned up and improved for better usability.
- A bug that would cause a crash if the Player preferences were set to start the application in fullscreen mode, and the Player was launched by double-clicking on a DivX VOD file.
- A bug that would cause the wrong video to be downloaded and played if you made a selection from the "recent files" list while a movie download was in progress.
- A bug that would allow you to enter fullscreen mode while the application was downloading a movie file. This has been fixed.
- Minor cosmetic GUI problems in the Preferences dialog.
- Other minor cosmetic and spelling errors.