RivaTuner is een uitgebreid programma waarmee je een nVidia-videokaart kan overklokken en softwarematig kan tweaken. De beginnende tweaker kan via het menu op het main-tabblad Direct3D-, OpenGL-, geheugen- en core-instellingen aanpassen. De die-hard overklokker kan dit doen via een apart scherm waarin direct in het register de aanpassingen worden doorgevoerd. De nieuwste versie van RivaTuner is 2.0 RC14.2 en wordt geleverd met de volgende veranderingen:
Version 2.0 Release Candidate 14.2:
- Digital vibrance level is now correctly stored in ForceWare color correction profiles on DVC1.0 capable display adapters (NV11/NV20).
- Digital vibrance slider is no longer locked on NV18 based display adapters.
- Create button in low-level monitor driver wizard module is no longer grayed when PnP ID edit field is blank.
- Fixed bug in OpenGL / Intellisample tab, which prevented RivaTuner from restoring Intellisample controlled trilinear filtering quality after unchecking the 'Override Intellismaple trilinear filtering quality control' option.
- Fixed bug in Direct3D / Antialiasing tab, which prevented RivaTuner from setting application controlled antialiasing mode under Windows 9x with ForceWare drivers.
- Fixed bug in hardware monitoring module, which could prevent RivaTuner from saving/restoring correct vertical range scaling sliders' positions under certain conditions.
- Fixed bug in NVStrap driver, which caused GeForce4+ styled GeForce->Quadro PCI DeviceID programming scheme usage on GeForce3 based boards when using automatic Quadro PCI DeviceID programming mode.
- Minor UI fixes.
- ForceWare 53.xx support including the latest WHQL ForceWare 53.03 / 53.04.
- Updated databases for Detonator and ForceWare driver families. Added databases for ForceWare 52.70, 53.03 (for Windows 2000/XP) and 53.04 (for Windows 9x/ME).
- Added ForceWare 52.70 and 53.03 miniports support to the DetonatorFXDecoder plugin.
- Added 2 x 1, 1 x 2, 2 x 2 and 4x 9-tap antialiasing modes for ForceWare drivers familiy.
- Updated NVStrap antiprotection patch script for ForceWare 52.70 and 53.03 drivers for Windows 2000/XP.
- Updated NVStrap driver v1.6. Now the driver supports NV36 GPU family.
- Added experimental memory bus type detection for NV31/NV36 GPU based boards due to 64-bit GeForceFX 5600XT announce.
- Updated Catalyst 3.9/3.9-CoD-hotfix certified SoftR9x00 and ATIOverclockingAntiprotection patch scripts.
- Added RADEON 9200SE support.
- Revised VGA BIOS based min / max core / memory clock frequencies detection code for certain ATI based boards.
- Improved low-level hardware monitoring module:
- Added core / ambient temperature monitoring for reference design RADEON 9800XT boards with LM63 hardware sensor (thanks to Andrew Worobiew for providing RADEON 9800XT sample). Note: other hardware sensor types are currently not supported. You will not be able to monitor temperatures on non-reference design R360-based boards with no LM63 sensor (e.g. ASUS 9800XT). ASUS 9800XT-specific temperature, fan speed and voltage monitoring will be implemented in the next version of RivaTuner.
- Changed hardware monitoring log file format. Now RivaTuner stores hardware monitoring statistics into *.hml (Hardware Monitoring Log) files instead of *.log files.
- Added *.hml file viewer. You can activate the viewer by pressing the 'Open log file' button in the hardware monitoring window. RivaTuner also registers itself as *.hml file handler so such files can be also opened directly from Windows explorer.
- Due to third party software developers requests, other software can now get direct access to RivaTuner's hardware monitoring statistics in realtime via named shared memory. Implementation details and code sample are available upon email request.
- Added custom tracking markers support. Now you may set up to 8 custom tracking markers on the graphs to track values in the corresponding positions. This feature was implemented special for web reviewers using hardware monitoring graph screenshots in their reviews. Note: markers can be set by left-clicking any point on the graph. You can also right-click any existing marker to remove it and right-double-click to remove all existing markers.
- Improved launcher:
- Now RivaTuner tracks attempts to start shortcuts to the items containing invalid preset/color scheme/overclocking profile/application associations and allows you to edit and fix broken associations before launching such items.
- Launcher menu items can be now placed to the root of tray menu instead of Launcher submenu. This mode is currently available for power users only can be activated via LauncherSubMenu registry entry.
- Optimized database builder. Drastically reduced database build time.
- FAQ updated.
- Minor UI changes and improvements.