nVidia heeft nieuwe drivers uitgebracht voor zijn videokaarten die uitgerust zijn met een TNT-, Quadro- of GeForce-core. De stuurprogramma's zijn uitgebracht onder de naam ForceWare 52.16 WHQL en bieden vanaf heden ondersteuning voor de GeForce 5700, GeForce FX 5700 Ultra en GeForce FX 5950. De release notes laten de volgende known issues en wijzigingen achter:
Issues Resolved in Version 52.16
Significant issues resolved in driver version 52.16 are listed below:
Open Issues in Version 52.16
- Selecting application mode from the control panel gives you applicationcontrolled anisotropic filtering. By design, no other filtering is enabled by this selection.
- Warcraft 3: Exiting game can result in wrong orientation and corruption.
- Quadro2 EX, Windows 2000 and Windows XP: Only VGA after “Large Model CAD” or “I-deas Masters Series” selected.
- Shaded detail drawing views rendered in wrong color.
- Continued model rotation results in increased memory usage in Unigraphics 18.05.2 and NX 1.02.3.
- Rise of Nations gives intermittent blue-screen result when played.
- Personal Cinema GeForce FX 5200, Windows XP: There is flickering when previewing with WinDVR.
- All GeForce FX, Windows XP: Corruption around mouse in Dungeon Siege when antialiasing is enabled.
- GeForce FX 5200, Windows XP: Abnormal light-green texture on wall in Game 3 of 3DMark03.
- GeForce4 MX 440, Windows XP: Blue-screen crash in Flight Simulator 2004 when display settings selected during a flight with 2x or Quincunx antialiasing enabled.
- GeForce FX Go5200, Windows XP: Setting PAL on TV still reboots to NTSC.
- Quadro FX 3000, Window 2000: I-deas 9 hangs at start-up.
- All GeForce FX, Windows XP: Blue-screen crash in Breed demo mission just before the landing craft lands.
- All GeForce FX, GeForce3, and GeForce4 Ti; Windows XP: Midnight Club 2 loading screen is not rendered when antialiasing is enabled.
- GeForce FX 5900: Big Mutha Truckers returns to a corrupted desktop with antialiasing enabled.
- GeForce2 MX and GeForce2 GTS, Windows 2000 and Windows XP: Cannot switch TV format to PAL if resolution is set to 720x480 or to NTSC if it is set to 720x576.
- GeForce FX 5200, Windows XP: Reflection corruption occurs in Aquanox 2.
- Quadro4 980 XGL: The display exhibits corruption in the Unigraphics 220.127.116.11 in drafting application.
As with every released driver, version 52.16 of the Release 50 driver has open issues and enhancement requests associated with it. What follows is a list of issues that are either not fixed or not implemented in this version. Some problems listed may not have been thoroughly investigated and, in fact, may not be NVIDIA issues. Others will have workaround solutions, as is the case with most of the issues in this section.
- Clone mode may be set for the GeForce FX 5600 although only one display is connected. This setting causes a drop in the performance of 3D applications. The workaround is to use the NVIDIA control panel to reset the system to standard mode from clone mode.
- GeForce FX 5950 Ultra: Half of the screen is black in Tiger Woods 2004 introductory video.
- GeForce4 MX 440 and GeForce4 Ti 4400, Windows XP: Blue-screen crash during Battlefield 1942 Desert Combat. NVI D I A C o r p o r a t i o n 3 Re l e a s e 5 0 V e r s i o n 5 2 . 1 6
- GeForce FX 5950 Ultra: Homeworld2 antialiased performance is slow. This is a known issue with the application. NVIDIA is working with the developer to address it.
- GeForce FX 5950 Ultra and GeForce4 Ti 4400, Windows XP: Rendering corruption in Battlefield 1942 Desert Combat. This fix will be included in the next NVIDIA.com driver release.
- GeForce FX 5950 Ultra, Windows XP: “X2: The Threat” benchmark is choppy or jerky in some places. This fix will be included in the next NVIDIA.com driver release.
- Windows XP: Antialiasing doesn't appear to be working in Final Fantasy XI benchmark. This is a known issue with the application. NVIDIA is working with the developer to address it.
- All GeForce FX: Warcraft III videos are not displaying properly. This fix will be included in the next NVIDIA.com driver release.
- All GeForce FX: Warcraft III, the Frozen Throne expansion freezes. This is a known issue with the application. NVIDIA is working with the developer to address it.
- GeForce FX 5950 Ultra and GeForce FX 5200: Far Cry does not run at the High setting.