Florian Heidenreich heeft versie 2.86 van Mp3tag uitgebracht. Met dit programma kunnen de metatags van de meest gangbare muziekformaten worden aangepast. Ondersteuning is aanwezig voor ID3v1, ID3v2.3, ID3v2.4, mp4, wma, Vorbis-comments en Ape-tags. Verder kunnen de bestandsnamen aan de hand van die tags worden aangepast en kunnen playlists worden gegenereerd. In deze uitgave zijn de volgende veranderingen en verbeteringen doorgevoerd:
- Added option to cleanup the database from orphaned files.
- Added preferences page to enable the Library and to configure included directories.
- Improved memory consumption especially for large music libraries.
- Changes regarding cover art are now also part of undo information.
- Attempting a more graceful shutdown on out-of-memory conditions.
- Default tag panel field names are now auto-translated on language change. (#23220, #22856, #22200)
- Default file view column names are now auto-translated on language change. (#23220, #22856, #22200)
- Improved library reading performance on subsequent reads by using an internal database.
- MP4 tag fields are not truncated to 255 characters anymore. (#23176)
- Action "Format value" for _FILENAME caused new file directory to be set also in cases where file cannot be renamed.
- Vendor string was not written when updating Vorbis Comments in Opus files.
- Runtime error when parsing broken UFID ID3v2 frames. (#23295)
- Runtime error when performing library cleanup directly after enabling library option (since 2.85i).
- Runtime error when performing save via keyboard shortcut while in-place editing in the file list.
- Importing tags via Discogs tag source set YEAR field to 0 for releases without year.
- File list selection mark was wrong in some cases after deleting, removing or moving files.
- Deleting non-standard files from file view did not update file list (since 2.85b).
- Sync issue between actual file information fields (i.e., size, modification timestamps, ...) and internal representation (since 2.85b).
- Runtime error when adding files to an already running instance via the Windows Explorer context-menu extension (since 2.85b).
- File renaming collision when target file was already in database but removed externally (since 2.85b).
- Info fields were not updated in database when tags were written or removed (since 2.85b).
- Actions that caused a directory to be renamed did not update the database entries (since 2.85b).
- Runtime error when adding cover art to Ogg Vorbis or Opus files (since 2.85a). (#23213)
- Tag sources framework function 'json_foreach' now also works with arrays as unnamed JSON root element. (#23165)