Tiki 1.6 "Tau Ceti" is sinds kort beschikbaar. Hiermee ben je instaat om zo genoemde "Wiki-omgeving" op te zetten, de volgende beschrijving wordt meegegeven:
TikiWiki is an open source web application which provides a full Wiki environment, as well as Articles, Sections, User/Group Management (including optinal LDAP interaction), Polls and Quizzes, File and Image Galleries, Forums, Comments on many areas, Weblogs, and much more.[break]De release notes van Tiki 1.6 "Tau Ceti" zien er als volgt uit:[/break]Plenty of good news; install script added, notable performance improvement, less memory consumption, and alot of new features! This version also fixes several bugs found in Tiki 1.5 and 1.6RC1 users that want to enjoy the new features are encouraged to upgrade.
Principal Changes/Additions (Read the full changelog)
- New MyTiki section grouping Webmail, Newsreader, User Calendar, User notepad, User personal Files, User tasks, User preferences, User bookmarks, User menus and User messages.
- Newsreader (NTTP) added
- User calendar added, with daily and weekly views, import/export events from/to Outlook, list and search events and event reminders
- User files section, users can upload and download personal files, a quota can be assigned by admin
- User notepad added, users can write notes, view notes unparsed or parsed as wiki pages. Download notes, upload notes. Etc.
- User tasks added and user tasks module added, users can add tasks, track activity completion,etc.
- User menus added: users can add personal links to the application menu.
- Directory added. Dmoz-alike directory with categories, URL suggestion and validation, top sites, new sites listing and many features.
- Internal messaging system added with option to send broadcast messages. Users can also send messages to groups, admin can broadcast to all users, messages can have priorities.
- LDAP Authentication
- Notable performance improvements and less memory consumption.
- Graphviz integration, wiki graphs can be displayed and navigated.
- Themes can now optionally redefine any Tiki template.
- Wiki page footnotes, personal notes per-user about wiki pages.
- Wiki structures added, Wiki tables of contents can be created and slides can be displayed from a Wiki structure.
- Theme control center added, opntionally admin can setup different themes for sections, categories, or even individual objects.
- Many plugins added: SQL, INCLUDE, CODE, AVATAR, CENTER, DL, GAUGE, SPLIT.
- Minor edits of wiki pages are available.
- Inter wiki links added
- New themes added.
- Who is online modules and other new modules added.
- Improved permission admin interface. Permissions can now be grouped in levels and levels can be assigned to groups.
- Wiki pages can now be locked at a user-level.
- Many bugs fixed, many surprises, many improvements.