PowerDesk V1.04.00.078 for Win2k/XP
Description of release
Supports Windows 2000 and Windows XP.
- Support for the Matrox Monitor Manager utility which allows to define
monitor settings, such as resolution and refresh rate.
- PowerDesk-HF advanced option in the Desktop Management category to adjust
the desktop management settings for different applications.
- Added Matrox certification for following applications:
Pro/Engineer 2001 and WildFire
- Updated Matrox certification for following applications:
AutoDesk AutoCad 2002
AutoDesk Inventor 6
ERSI Arc View 8.x
Lighwave 3D 7.5
Solid Edge V12 and V14
- PureVideo/DVDMax can toggle with a hotkey between up to 2 different video
window using the overlay, and with different WYSIWYG plug-in preview window.
- WYSIWYG plug-in for PhotoShop preview on TV (or on a monitor). See the
Photoshop WYSIWYG plug-in's readme.txt file for more information.
- PureVideo/DVDMax support for Ulead MSPro 7
- Fixed PowerDesk-HF crash after reboot or "log on/log off" sequence.
- Blinking cursor disappears from 3rd display in 3 displays stretched mode.
- Font corruption in Excel 2002.
- Missing resolutions when in singlehead mode. Clients are asked to use our
monitor manager. We recommend that you use our monitor manager to create a
new monitor profile.
- Blank display when using 3 digital panels in analog mode. We recommend
you use our Monitor Manager utility to create a new monitor profile.
- Fixed a flashing pointer when in Clone mode with a TV. Games affected
Age of Mythology, Dark Age of Camelot, Escape from Monkey Island,
Combat Flight Sim 3, Combat Mission 2, Star Trek Starfleet Command III, FS
- Fixed slowdown with text in Freelancer
- Fixed black boxes around text in Freelancer
- Fixed transparency problem with FAA-16 when approaching water in Asheron's Call 2
- Fixed texture corruption on the ground in Unreal II
- Fixed corruption of textures in Sum of All Fears
- Fixed blue screen with Mars and displacement mapping demos
- Fixed Splinter Cell when FAA-16 is enabled, you no longer see through walls
- Fixed lockup in Tenebrae when fragment shader is enabled
- Fixed slowdown in Counter-Strike in certain areas
- Fixed pixel shaders on characters in Asheron's Call 2
- Fixed corruption in 3dmark 2003
- Fixed the corruption and flashing polygons during the intro of Shadow of Destiny
- Fixed crashing in Shadowbane when changing terrain detail levels
- Fixed slowdown in Shadowbane when the intro is playing
- Fixed detail texturing not getting mipped in Serious Sam: Secound Encounter
- Fixed slowdown in There in certain areas
- Fixed texture compression in There when changing modes
- Fixed problem in Rightmark where the girl's eyes are popping out
- Fixed corruption of textures in Aces High
- Fixed problem with Revolution not running on Parhelia
- Fixed sun reflection pulsating on the floor in Moto GP
- Fixed corruption with GLMark 1.2 and Neverwinter Nights @ 1024x768 on Parhelia 256MB
- Slow OpenGL performance in Combustion.
- Crashes in Petrel application after render performing a render.
- One light would get displayed in Combustion when using a scene with
multiple light sources.
- Fixed choppy Clone on the TV when the TV standard is PAL.
- Fixed blank path entry when doing the Setup for Lightwave plug-in
(now use the default path).
Main known issues
- Glyph AA is causing black borders on webpages's text with transparent
backgrounds when in singlehead mode.
- Powerdesk-HF does not load in Windows 2003 server and will report
"An unexpected Error has occured". The problem can be fixed if you install
DotNet version 1.0.
- 16xaa will not engage in the LightWave viewports.
- Slow performance in Messiah when in metanurb mode.
- Contents of our frame buffer will be displayed for a short while when
opening SoftImage3D when in any multihead mode.
- Overlay issues with Hauppauge and Canopus series of cards.
- No overlay in Matrox Media Tools when using a Matrox Parhelia 256Mb board
- Playing back WM8 or WM9 encoded clips will show a green square in the top
left of the video when using Windows Media Player 9.
- A setup with a CRT, DFP, and a TV is not supported for independant display
- App hints will automatically enable HUD mode for the following titles:
Jedi Knight Outcast single and multi-player
Quake III Arena and Team Arena
Return to Castle Wolfenstein single and multi-player
Duke Nukem Manhattan Project
Please disable HUD mode if you wish to play in single display mode.
- The PrecisionCAD driver will not install over a network. Clients are
to copy the drivers onto their system over the network prior to installing
- You cannot open PowerDesk when SoftImage3D is open. This is normal since
take over the windows focus. Use the "Windows" key on your keyboard to get
the focus, and open PowerDesk.
- Reflections do not appear in Combustion when in OpenGL mode.
- When in Dualhead with "Special Feature" mode, overlay is provided ONLY on
the primary output when the overlay switch is enbaled. Media players will
display a blank video window when dragged over the the 2ndary output but
the video clip will still output via DVDMax. With the overlay switch
disabled, you will get blit on all outputs when in any stretched desktop
mode but DVDmax will be disabled.
- "Show Desktop" will lose DVDMax with Avid ExpressDV. This occurs because
the application does not recreate the overlay surfaces after a resolution
change, so DVDMax cannot restart.
- Dual-Display and TV-output feature will work with Video Editing
applications that support overlay surfaces for video preview.
- Real-time Preview is supported only with video editing applications that
have this capability built-in.
- When in 2 Independent + feature, premiere hangs when draging the video
window from a display to another while the video is playing.