De Document Foundation heeft versie 5.2 van LibreOffice uitgebracht. Dit opensource-officepakket is ontstaan als afsplitsing van OpenOffice en wordt geleverd met tekstverwerker Writer, spreadsheetprogramma Calc, presentatieprogramma Impress, tekenprogramma Draw, databaseprogramma Base en Formula, een applicatie om wetenschappelijke notaties mee te maken. Versie 5.2 moet onder meer docx-bestanden beter kunnen importeren, voegt onder meer ondersteuning voor tweetrapsauthenticatie bij het benaderen van Google Drive toe en is er een ' opslaan als' knop aan de taakbalk toegevoegd. Uitgebreide informatie over de veranderingen in versie 5.2.0 kan op deze pagina worden gevonden, dit is de aankondiging voor deze uitgave:
LibreOffice 5.2 “fresh” released
LibreOffice 5.2 provides document classification according to the TSCP standard, and a set of improved forecasting functions in Calc. In addition, multiple signature descriptions are now supported, along with import and export of signatures from OOXML files.
Interoperability features have also been improved, with better Writer import filters for DOCX and RTF files, and the added support for Word for DOS legacy documents. Additional type argument values for interoperability with other spreadsheets, along with wildcard support in formula expressions for compatibility with XLS/XLSX and ODF 1.2, have also been added.
In term of user experience, a single toolbar mode has been added to Writer and Calc to help users really focus on content, and some icons have been added to the default toolbars to make several frequently used functions – such as hide/show track changes, and freeze the first column or row of a spreadsheet – quicker to access. Also, most of the context menus can now be customized, for even greater control.
Other New Features of LibreOffice 5.2
- New drawing tools, including filled curves, polygons and freeform lines, have been added to all program modules.
- When printing a document, Print to File is now available in the list of printers.
- If you use Google Drive for storage, two-factor authentication support has been included.
- The Save toolbar button includes a quick Save as Template option, so you don’t have to go through the menu.
- New functions have been added, along with extensive tooltips that describe what a function does as you type it.
- Multiple status bar functions can be active at the same time, to provide a quick overview of your data.
- The currency toolbar icon now includes a drop-down menu to quickly choose the currency you want to use.
- When removing the border from selected cells, you can also choose to remove the border from adjacent cells as well.
- When working with custom animations, you can now quickly add an effect to an element via the sidebar, instead of using a separate dialog box.
- The list of effects in the sidebar now includes a description of the effect, along with the element name.
- In the properties sidebar, a new Slide Background panel lets you quickly change the format, orientation and background image of a slide.