Op de homepage van RivaTuner is een nieuwe versie te vinden van het gelijknamige programma. Deze keer is release candidate 12.3 uitgebracht van versie 2.0 en wordt geleverd met SoftRadeon 9x00 waarmee softwarematig een 128bit Radeon 9500 in een 9500 Pro veranderd en een 256bit Radeon 9500 in een Radeon 9700. Het changelog ziet er als volgt uit:
- Fixed Direct3D antialiasing modes validation check for the Detonator 41.80 and higher.
- Fixed bug in the patch script interpertator, which prevented correct packed files extraction when the path to source file contained spaces.
- Fixed AGP SBA detection code in AGP3.0 mode. Now RivaTuner ignores SBA_ENABLE bits in AGP 3.0 mode and displays that AGP SBA is enabled regardless of SBA_ENABLE state. AGP SBA controls are blocked now if the graphics subsystem operates in AGP 3.0 mode.
- Fixed NV30 clock detection code.
- Minor UI fixes.
- Added Detonator 43.xx support.
- Added databases for the Detonator 42.90 (for Windows 2000/XP only) and 43.00 (for both Windows 9x/ME and Windows 2000/XP).
- Updated scripts AnisoBoosterOGL, AnisoBoosterD3D, NVStrap antiprotection and LODBiasFix for the Detonator 42.90 (for Windows 2000/XP only) and 43.00 (for both Windows 9x/ME and Windows 2000/XP).
- Updated driver level gamma manager for the Detonator 41.80 and higher. RivaTuner's 'Apply this color scheme at Windows startup' option is now synchronized with the control panel's one. RivaTuner also adds gamma ramp to the color schemes to prevent warning message when adjusting gamma outside the driver's control panel.
- Added an ability to control early Z-occlusion culling for the Detonator 41.80 and higher.
- Revised NVStrap v1.4 driver for both Windows 9x and Windows 2000/XP. New driver contains advanced PCI DeviceID programming code for some NV17, NV18 and NV28-based boards (e.g. GeForce4 Ti4800 SE) that have no appropriate Quadro PCI DeviceIDs. Now the NVStrap driver chooses the closest Quadro PCI DeviceID when such boards are detected.
- Added low-level AGP controls (tested on all NVIDIA based boards and ATI R300 based boards). This module was added special to replace ATI SMARTGART, the component of 'the most stable drivers on the market' that never seems to work as supposed on our KT400 based system. This module will finally allow KT400 users to switch to AGP 4x mode if AGP 8x mode causes any instability.
- Added ATI RV280 and R350 graphics processors support.
- Extended diagnostic possibilities for ATI R300 and R350 graphics processors. Now RivaTuner is the only tool that can correctly detect and display the number of currently active pixel pipelines for these GPUs. Please don't bother us with reports about inconsistencies between memory bus type and number of pixel pipelines detected by RivaTuner and AIDA32. AIDA32 seems to display hardwired PCI DeviceID based information. It's a bit incorrect approach which won't work with software modded boards or 256-bit RADEON 9500 which doesn't conform to regular RADEON 9500 specifications. We strictly recommend not to rely on information detected by AIDA32 until the developers will rewrite memory bus type detection and pixel pipeline number detection code.
- Improved user interface. Now all the property sheets available in RivaTuner can be customized by user. You can rearrange default tab order and drag the most recently used tabs to the left or even hide the tabs you don't need.
- Updated SoftR9x00 scripts for both Windows 9x/ME and Windows 2000/XP. Now the scripts are tested and certified for use with Catalyst 2.0 - 3.2 (both beta and release versions) and allow you to force RADEON 9800PRO PCI DeviceID as well as RADEON 9500 and RADEON 9700PRO PCI DeviceIDs.
- Updated SoftFireGL scripts. Now the scripts are tested and certified for use with 1021 - 1030 FireGL drivers.
- Minor UI changes and improvements. Windows 98 (updated MFC libraries required), Windows 98 SE, Windows ME, Windows 2000 or Windows XP.
- Any NVIDIA display adapter starting from Riva TNT. However, the built-in registry editor, application launcher and low level diagnostic module can be also used with any other display adapter.
- Detonator 2.08 or higher NVIDIA reference drivers for Windows 98 / Windows 98 SE or Windows ME.
- Detonator 5.08 or higher NVIDIA reference drivers for Windows 2000 / Windows XP.