Er is een nieuwe stabiele release van het Combined Community Codec Pack verschenen. Hoewel de naam anders doet vermoeden, is het Combined Community Codec Pack eigenlijk een filterpakket. Waar voorheen van het ffdshow-filterpaket gebruik gemaakt werd, wordt tegenwoordig de voorkeur aan de LAV-filters gegeven. Naast de nodige filters wordt ook de mediaspeler Media Player Classic Home Cinema meegeleverd en alle componenten zijn naar keuze te installeren. Hieronder is de changelog van deze release te vinden.
General change log:
- LAV Filters 0.60.1.0-22da8ba
- MPC-HC 126.96.36.1992 (shows up as 333)
- Installer and settings applications
- WinCPUId is no longer used for SSE detection.
- Default source filter for OGM is now set to LAV Splitter. A half-year old FFmpeg bug has finally been squished regarding seeking in this container, enabling this change to go forward.
- MPC-HC's VSFilter/ISR code has been reworked, and the ISR is now quite a bit faster with complex styled subtitles.
- MPC-HC now has XySubFilter support in its EVR and VMR9-based custom renderers. After XySubFilter has been registered in the system, blocking the "DirectVobSub (auto-loading version)" filter in external filters is the easiest way to get it used with the standard CCCP setup.
- The mouse cursor will now hide in windowed mode as well in MPC-HC when it is not moved for a certain amount of time on top of the video surface.
- The menu bar can now be shown when hidden in MPC-HC by pressing the Alt key.
- The shaders feature has been reworked in MPC-HC. Now the feature has a full page in the Options.
- MPC-HC is now built with Visual Studio 2013.
- WMA2 audio in Matroska no longer gets wacky timestamps with LAV Splitter, effectively fixing some older files with this type of audio muxed in.
- Native MPEG-4 Part 2 (xvid, divx, lavc mpeg4) timestamps in Matroska are now handled correctly in LAV Splitter. Fixes stutter due to incorrect usage of the container timestamps with such files.
- VC-1 decoding via DXVA2 has been fixed and re-enabled on Intel hardware in LAV Video. Requires relatively new hardware and drivers (Ivy Bridge/Haswell).
- Various minor Matroska parsing fixes in LAV Splitter. Among other things, seems to fix playback of certain files with humongous FLAC extradata.
- FFmpeg issue 2739 has finally been fixed. This fixes seeking in OGM files in LAV Splitter.
- Forced subpicture and PGS subtitle stream selection has been improved in LAV Splitter.
- Opus audio pre-skip support has been improved in LAV Audio.
- FFmpeg's AAC decoder now supports correctly a few more types of AAC audio in LAV Audio.
- Support for reading embedded Cue Sheets from audio files as chapters has been added to LAV Splitter.
- Support for reporting the stream bitrate through IBitrateInfo (for MPC-HC et al.) has been added to LAV Splitter.
- Additional metadata from the source file is now exported through IPropertyBag in LAV Splitter.
- LAV Filters are now built with Visual Studio 2013 and GCC 4.8.2.