Kaspersky heeft enkele dagen geleden versie 22.214.171.12451 van zijn Anti-Virus 2014-pakket beschikbaar gesteld. Dit antivirusprogramma voor het Windows-platform kan naast het actief en passief scannen naar virussen, ook het systeem kan controleren op de aanwezigheid van rootkits en kwaadwillige applicaties. De lijst met vernieuwingen in de 2014 uitgave ziet er als volgt uit:
Kaspersky Anti-Virus provides the following new features:
- Configuration of Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been simplified. Now only frequently used application settings are available for setup.
- The latest versions of popular web browsers are now supported: protection components (such as Kaspersky URL Advisor) support Mozilla™ Firefox™ 16.x, 17.x, 18.x, and 19.x; Internet Explorer® 8, 9, and 10; and Google Chrome™ 22.x, 23.x, 24.x, 25.x, and 26.x.
- Protection against screen lockers has been added. You can unlock the screen using the specified key shortcut. Protection against screen lockers detects and eliminates the threat.
- Protection against phishing is now more efficient: Anti-Phishing functionality has been improved and updated.
- Application performance has been improved and computer resource consumption has been optimized.
- The mode of limited activity when the computer is idle has been added. Now, when the computer is idle, Kaspersky Anti-Virus is less resource-intensive, which allows saving power consumption while running on battery power.
- Less time is required to start the application.
- Application GUI performance has been improved, and the response time to user actions has been reduced.
- Application reporting has been improved. Now reports are simpler and more obvious.
- The option of participating in the Protect a Friend program has been added. Now you can share a link to Kaspersky Anti-Virus with friends and receive bonus activation codes.