Er is een bètarelease van versie 6.42 van NewsBin Pro verschenen. Het gaat om bèta 2, maar bèta 1 is nooit publiekelijk uitgekomen. Met dit programma kunnen bestanden - zoals foto's, films en programma's - van usenet worden gehaald. Nieuw in versie 6.42 is onder meer dat de download nu in een folder gezet kan worden die een naam krijgt die het programma zelf uit het onderwerp haalt. Het volledige changelog ziet er als volgt uit:
Version 6.42 New Features and Changes
Version 6.42 Beta 2 Build 2132
- Bug fixes and cosmetic changes to 6.41
- Changed behavior of "Download to Folder Named for Subject". It is now configurable to either use the subject of the first file in the list of selected files or download to folders named after each subject of each file in the list.
- Fixed potential crash problem that occured if a news server returned some unexpected response.
- Fixed issue with a misleading error appearing if there was a timeout performing an Internet Search.
Version 6.42 Beta 1 Build 2131
- Download: Download to folder named for subject now has two possible modes if multiple files are selected:
- Download all files to the same folder named for the subject of the first file in the group of files selected.
- Download each file to a different folder named after the subject of each file
- Default is mode #1. If you prefer that one folder be created for each file based on its subject then you can change this behavior by setting that "SingleSubject" variable in the [SETTINGS] section of the .nbi file to 0.
- Display: Removed the word "Blocks" from download status to save space. Now says simply "PAR:..." instead of "PAR Blocks:..."
- Download: Fixed issue where items are marked old before download. It will still do this when using Internet Search by design.
- AutoPAR: Fixed issue where it would fail to repair large sets > 4 GB in 32 bit mode.
- Download: Fixed issue where adding items to a custom list was marking them both queued and old
- Download: Fixed issue where if you test a set of files, it was marking them old and complete.
- Download: Made changes to make restarting long downloads faster. Now saves information for fully complete files in the autopar2.db3 file.
- Download: Made change so files that are in the same download location and same size are considered "downloaded" par or no par.
- Display: Moved file counters into config file for performance reasons.
- Display: Performance improvements for deleting a bunch of posts from the download.
- Display: Made adjustments so filter dropdowns like hide old can now be translated.
- Fixed crash issue that could happen if the server returns an unexpected article. Was happening if you try to download a post that was on the edge of the server's retention for some news servers. Very rare but it's fixed now.
- Changed how $(SUBJECT) variable works. It requires the cleaned up path to be at least 40 bytes or it uses the whole thing, filename and all.
- Tweeked some networking settings to try to guard against some timeout errors.
- Changed how right-click Download to Folder named for Subject works again. If a bunch of files are selected, it will use the subject from the first file in the list to create the folder and all files will go to that folder. If you prefer that one folder be created for each file based on its subject then you can change this behavior by setting that "SingleSubject" variable in the [SETTINGS] section of the .nbi file to 0. Default is 1.
- Timeout contacting search server was giving a misleading error. "min size must be less than max size" or something like that.
- New "+" icon on Search tab for requesting more search results switches to old icon when you load a post list.
- Drag and Drop to order the Groups list in the Groups tab is not hooked up, nor can you column sort the groups.
- There have been reports that Newsbin isn't saving the correct renamed files to descript.ion file.
- Newsbin renames the file on disk and then lands the file. Without re-writing the descript.ion, there's no way to fix this.
- Works on Windows XP and newer.
- Crosspost filters in the Add Groups dialog are not hooked up.
- SMTP Authentication for email notification is not hooked up.