De vierde bètarelease van versienummer 6.40 van NewsBin Pro is beschikbaar gekomen. Met dit programma kunnen bestanden - zoals foto's, films en programma's - van usenet worden gehaald. Nieuw in versie 6.40 is onder andere dat nzb-bestanden die in een specifieke folder worden geplaatst, automatisch worden opgepakt. Verder zijn er verbeteringen in de autopar-functie aangebracht. Het changelog voor bèta 4 is hieronder te vinden.
Version 6.40 New Features and Changes Summary since 6.3x
Version 6.40 Beta 4 Build 1948
- New pathing mechanism to allow you to insert different elements to create custom download paths.
- New NZB Watch Folder feature. You can create a folder for sending NZB files for processing and specify different download and unrar pathsto apply to the contents of the NZBs in each watch folder if you like.
- AutoPAR tweaks so it will work better with a wider variety of RAR set posting styles.
- AutoPAR state data is all stored in memory now. AutoPAR2.db3 only saves data between runs now. This increases reliability by reducing the chance of corrupting the database file and provides some performance optimizations.
- Peforming an empty search in Internet Search is now a wildcard search. Returns the last 2000 items added to the Search database.
- New "Performance" section in the Options menu that allows you to easily tweak options to work best on high end machines or low end machines.
- OpenSSL upgraded to 1.01c. The latest version of open SSL.
- Sets up new pathing variable during upgrade if you had group Folder Mode set.
- "Download to folder named for subject" will only permit one subject and uses the same pathing as $(SUBJECT).
- The $(SUBJECT) variable won't do anything unless Newsbin can find the filename.
- Added the $(RES) and $(GOG) variables to permit video resolution and Group of Groups name even if you load up individual groups.
- Fixed a crash that can happen when servers are disabled or thread count reduced.
- If a DVD is detected on unrar, now forces a new unrar folder if the filenames would collide.
- Fixed issue where, if the unrar path is too long, the duplicate file renamer wasn't working.
- Search in groups from new search window was broken.
- Re-enable file summary information, even though it doesn't seem to work in Win7.
- Fixed issue where Chunk mode wasn't remembered between runs
- Fixed issue where you couldn't download to a root path
- File size in download list was in the wrong format - expanded files
- Hooked up unrar pathing
- "Add a path prefix" wasn't working when unraring sets from the post list.
- Backported WinRAR's faster CRC generator back into older version of winrar. Does 64 bit aligned 32 bit CRC's
- NZB Files in the post lists weren't including the NZB in the pathing.
- Made change in Post list so when adding downloads, each subject is applied to filename expansion, just like with Automode
- Autoload options "Use UnRARPath' would show disabled but, wouldn't actually disable.
- Fixed potential crash bug deep in the internals.