JGsoft heeft niet alleen zijn gratis teksteditor EditPad Lite van een update voorzien, ook van de grote broer EditPad Pro is een nieuwe versie uitgekomen. Waar EditPad Lite is bedoeld als vervanger van Notepad, is EditPad Pro meer bedoeld voor programmeurs. Zo is er bijvoorbeeld een spellingschecker die rekening houdt met syntax coloring en zijn een hex-editor, file-compare-optie, bookmarkmogelijkheid en ingebakken ftp-client aanwezig. Een volledig overzicht van de extra mogelijkheden ten opzichte van de Lite-versie kan op deze pagina worden gevonden. Sinds versie 7.0.0 zijn de volgende veranderingen en verbeteringen doorgevoerd.
EditPad Pro 7.0.2Improvements:
- File|Reload from Disk: Do not clear out the file in EditPad if it no longer exists on disk; prompt to retry reloading the file; do nothing if canceled.
- FTP: Checkbox to hide the password for keyboard-interactive authentication.
- FTP: The TLS and SSL encryption options now have choices for a clear or encrypted data channel.
- Menus: When using Alt+letter keyboard shortcuts to access menu items that have submenus but are also commands in themselves, holding down Alt will open the submenu while releasing Alt will activate the command. For example: holding down Alt, pressing F, pressing O, releasing Alt will open the File|Open submenu with recent files. Holding down Alt, pressing F, releasing Alt, pressing O will activate the File|Open command and show the open file dialog.
- Preferences, Keyboard: Ability to assign keyboard shortcuts to File|Open|Maintain List, Project|Open|Maintain List, Project|Open Folder|Maintain List, Project|Add Files|Maintain List, and Project|Import File Listing|Maintain List.
- Text Layout: Ideographs are now exactly twice as wide as ASCII characters when using the "monospaced left-to-right" text layout with the option to use full-width ASCII characters turned off.
- Drag and drop: Dragging a closed file in a managed project from one EditPad instance to another failed with an access violation.
- Editor: Lines containing tabs were not displayed correctly when using a right-to-left text layout.
- EditPad could not be minimized after clicking the taskbar button twice (but don't double-click) while the icon next to the system clock and the option to hide the taskbar button are enabled. Clicking on the icon next to the system clock allowed EditPad to be minimized again.
- EditPad could not be restored by clicking the taskbar button directly if it was minimized while the Clip Collection panel was open and AceText was running. Starting a new EditPad instance did restore the running instance and shutting down AceText made the problem go away.
- File Types|Colors and Syntax: Selecting "Clickable URLs" syntax coloring significantly slowed down EditPad 7's handling of files with extremely long lines.
- Forum: The Help|Forum menu item now restores the forum window if it was minimized.
- Forum: With the EditPad icon next to the system clock enabled, clicking on one of the forum links in the help file to discuss a help topic caused EditPad to try to connect to the forum each time EditPad was restarted after closing it but not fully exiting it.
- FTP: EditPad Pro 7 did not set the transfer mode to binary, causing files to be uploaded incorrectly if the FTP server used ASCII transfers by default.
- FTP: Errors retrieving the initial directory listing are now shown in the file listing instead of being hidden.
- FTP: Recent files and favorite files were not cleared when disconnecting from FTP, causing an access violation when selecting one of the files.
- Help|Feedback showed the support address for EditPad Lite instead of EditPad Pro.
- Options|Text Layout: Changes made to the text layout configuration via Options|Text Layout were not preserved when restarting EditPad Pro unless other preferences were also changed after changing the text layout configuration.
- Project|Import File Listing: Allow hyphens, spaces, and percentage signs in server and share names in UNC paths.
- Search: The Loop Automatically option fails to loop if there is only one file open and the All Files search option is turned on.
- Tools: Underscores, hyphens, and angle brackets are now allowed in placeholders so that path placeholders are handled correctly, as they were in EditPad Pro 6.
- View|Hexadecimal: Selecting one of the hexadecimal modes in the submenu while the active file was in text mode failed with an access violation error.
EditPad Pro 7.0.1New features:
- FTP: Keyboard-interactive authentication for connecting to SSH servers.
- Forum: Attach file being edited.
- Forum: Attach search panel settings.
- File Types: Ignore unquoted spaces before and after each file mask in the list of file masks.
- Forum: Forum window stays enabled when EditPad's main window is showing a modal dialog box.
- Search: Preserve state of the Highlight option when restarting EditPad.
- Search: Take the whole search match (selection) into account rather than just the end of the search match (cursor position) when scrolling the text to put the search match into view.
- Bookmarks: Inserting text or line breaks at the position of a bookmark did not shift the bookmark forward.
- Double-clicking on whitespace at the start or end of a line should not select the line break and any whitespace on the previous or next line.
- Drag and drop: Dragging a file that is open in a managed project into another project added the file as a closed file to the other project instead of closing it in the first project and adding it as an open file to the other project.
- File Types|Colors: Attempting to change the Regex colors changed various Editor or Syntax colors instead.
- Files Panel: Automatic collapse sometimes failed to collapse certain nodes.
- Open and save dialog boxes did not appear when "disable visual themes" was turned on in the compatibility settings for EditPad. Since EditPad is fully compatible with Windows XP, Vista, and 7, you should not turn on any of the compatibility settings.
- Options|Font: If only one file is open, changing that file's font and then closing it does not use the default font for the new blank Untitled 1 file, even though it uses all other default settings for that file.
- Preferences|Save Files: Automatically saving the workspace did not preserve the captions of unsaved projects, such as projects created by Project|Open Folder or Search|Find On Disk.
- Preferences|System: Reinstated the option to clear history lists when exiting EditPad Pro.
- Project|Add to Project Unopened: Do not add files to the project that are already in the project.
- Proxy settings were not saved unless you changed other preferences too.
- Search: Hiding the search toolbar, using the full search panel, closing the full search panel, and showing the search toolbar again did not update the search toolbar with the search term last used on the full search panel.
- Search: Line by line searches using regular expressions did not restrict the full regex match to a single line.
- Search: Pasting into the search and replace drop-down lists failed with a beep if the text on the clipboard included a line break; now it will paste the first line.
- Search: Pressing Enter in the Search drop-down list on the search toolbar (when not using the full search panel) always moved keyboard focus to the main editor, even when that option was disabled in the Search Preferences.
- Text Layout Configuration window now has scroll bars when the whole window doesn't fit on the screen.