JGsoft heeft niet alleen zijn gratis teksteditor EditPad Lite van een update voorzien, ook van EditPad Pro is een nieuwe versie uitgekomen. Waar EditPad Lite is bedoeld als vervanger van Notepad, is EditPad Pro meer bedoeld voor programmeurs. Zo is er bijvoorbeeld een spellingschecker die rekening houdt met syntax-coloring, en zijn een hex-editor, een file-compare-optie, een bookmarkmogelijkheid en een ingebakken ftp-client aanwezig. Een volledig overzicht van de extra mogelijkheden ten opzichte van de Lite-versie kan op deze pagina worden gevonden. In versie 7.3.2 zijn de volgende veranderingen en verbeteringen doorgevoerd:
- Search|Replace All: A search-and-replace that makes a large number of replacements throughout the entire file (such as making a change on every line in the file) is now faster and uses less memory.
- Tabs: Preserve the order in which file tabs were viewed when switching between projects so Ctrl+Tab can work reliably for each open project.
- Upgraded to the latest OpenSSL 1.0.1h.
- Editor: Deleting a rectangular selection left an empty rectangular selection that disabled certain commands like Extra|Trim Whitespace that have special behavior on rectangular selections until the selection was reset by clicking somewhere in the file or making a new selection.
- Editor: Deleting a rectangular selection with the cursor on the bottom line and then using a command like Edit|Cut that operates on the active line when there is no selection operated on the deleted selection's bottom line instead of the top line where the cursor is at after deleting the selection.
- Email composition panel did not scale correctly on high DPI systems.
- File Navigator: File navigation schemes that use the short-circuit feature sometimes made the file navigator parse the same part of the file more than once, possibly resulting in duplicated nodes in the file navigation tree.
- File Panel: Customizing the toolbar and dragging a button over the Move to Project button caused an access violation error.
- File|Print: The second and following times using File|Print while part of the file was selected caused errors if the file was larger than 64K.
- Fold: If a folding range was inside another folding range then creating a new folding range starting at the same line as the inner folding range and ending outside the outer folding range created an invalid interlocking folding range that messed up EditPad's handling of the file until folding ranges were removed; now the newly created folding range will be forced to end at the same line as the outer folding range.
- FTP: The Connect to FTP dialog insisted on a password when turning on keyboard-interactive authentication for an SFTP server even though the password you enter is never used by this authentication method.
- Hexadecimal: Copying from the hex section and pasting into a text mode tab in another EditPad instance caused the actual bytes rather than the hexadecimal representation to be pasted.
- Hexadecimal: Copying more than 16 bytes from the hex section and pasting into a text mode tab that does not use CRLF line breaks caused EditPad to hang.
- Macros: Tools with & in the caption are not recorded.
- Maintain History List: Open, Remove, Up, and Down buttons were not disabled when the dialog was initially shown (with nothing selected) if the dialog had previously been used with something selected.
- Search: Attempting to use a regex with a syntax error caused other commands to either not show a progress meter or to permanently show a stuck progress meter.
- Search|Fold All Matches used to unfold the file caused other commands to either not show a progress meter or to permanently show a stuck progress meter.
- Search|List All Matches: Saving a file in which search matches were found after closing the Search Matches panel and editing the file sometimes caused an access violation error (after the file was saved correctly).
- Text Layout: Deleting a text layout and then switching to a tab that was using the bottommost text layout caused an index out of bounds error.
- Tools: Replacing the selected text with the tool's output now treats that output as a rectangular block when the selection being replaced is rectangular.