De ontwikkeling van NewsBin Pro versie 6.00 is aangekomen bij bèta 12. Dit programma is bedoeld om bestanden zoals foto's, films en programma's van usenet te halen. Deze bestanden kunnen in losse pakketjes van een of meer nieuwsservers worden gedownload en worden aan de ontvangende kant weer in elkaar gezet. In versie 6.0 is onder andere de gebruikersinterface onder handen genomen; deze maakt nu gebruik van tabs. Verder is er een Cache to Memory-optie die, als een machine over ruim voldoende geheugen beschikt, constante toegang tot de harde schijf vermindert. Op machines met minder resources kan dat echter beter uitgezet worden. Versie 6.00 is inmiddels zo goed als 'feature complete', zodat nu voornamelijk aan het vlakstrijken van de plooien wordt gewerkt. Sinds bèta 10 zijn de volgende veranderingen aangebracht:
Version 6.00 Beta 12 Build 924:
Version 6.00 Beta 11 Build 918:
- Fixed problem with download list updates. Was working in background mode but not foreground.
- Fixed problem where posts that got marked new after a header update were not appearing in the post list of Hide Old was enabled.
- DB compaction is in place but there's no GUI and it stalls the display till it's done. The option is on the right-click menu in the Groups tab and puts up the wrong message "Mark all posts old?"
- Fixed issue where you can hide some Newsbin prompt, like a delete confirmation prompt, by clicking a tab. Should always stay on top.
- Added Windows 7 task bar integration. Progress reported in task bar icon and dwelling on icon gives access to some options.
- Local search is now interruptable as soon as the cancel button is clicked.
- You can now type a group into the "Search in Groups" dropdown instead of having to choose an existing group folder
- Header import is now reflected in the download list
- Fixed issue where pars never clear out or repair when downloading MP3 sets.
- Fixed issue where downloaded state was preventing the marked old state from occuring.
- Fixed issue where some message boxes weren't modal so, you could click around and hide them instead of them staying on top.
- Log messages now show proper socket errors in addition to winsock errors. In the language set for the PC too. There are still some that show %u instead of a value.
- Fixed potential issue with SSL connection failure not flowing the proper error up.
- Removed default header overlap. It was causing posts marked as old to be set as new again in low traffic groups and for servers that don't need a header overlap set. It can still set in the server options.
- Fixed Ctrl-V so you can paste in search along with Shift-Ins.
- Fixed issue when downloading to an existing folder and AutoPAR repair kicks in, it'll repair into another folder.
- When AutoOld is enabled and posts are dynamically loaded as the headers are downloaded, they get tagged old too.
- Made a change to not make an attempt to save a partial download when a file is greater than the memory size threshold
- Fixed Corrupt uuencoded files when the first chunk is smaller than the next one
- Now handles cases where, if you are in memory mode and the file chunk sizes aren't the same for all but the last chunk.
- Fixed and issue with "assign new unrar path" bleeding into other downloads when you exit.
- Mark all Old fixed....again.
- Removed RV4 importer from post list worker thread. This is what caused filters to be slow to respond
- Hybrid system where background importer still loads and send notifications to the posts lists BUT, when a
- header download completed, the rest of the RV4's are imported before the work leaves the download list.
- Removed some extra formating from some of the new log messages.
- Displays background header update import progress.
- Now can repair single .avi files if a .par file exists for it.
- Can now set a crosspost filter in the .nbi file. Create a variable "CrossLimit" under [Settings] to set it.
Version 6 has a new storage format for headers. You have to manually invoke the conversion if you want to bring your 5.5x headers into V6. A new spool folder, SPOOL_V6 will be created for storing headers. To invoke the conversion, select a group or a bunch of groups in the Groups tab, right-click and select Post Storage, then choose "Import Version 5.XX Headers". A progress screen will pop up and you'll have to wait for it to finish before continuing.