Nvidia heeft nieuwe *nix displaydrivers uitgebracht met versienummer 260.19.12. De drivers zijn beschikbaar voor Linux (32bit), Linux (AMD64/EM64T), Solaris (x64/x86), FreeBSD (x86) en sinds kort ook voor FreeBSD (x64). Specifieke installatie-instructies kunnen op de afzonderlijke pagina's worden gevonden. Nieuw in deze release is onder andere ondersteuning voor diverse nieuwe kaarten. Daarnaast worden OpenGL, VDPAU, CUDA en OpenCL niet meer met de driver meegeleverd, maar zullen apart opgehaald moeten worden. Het volledige changelog van deze release ziet er als volgt uit:
- Added support for the following GPUs:
- GeForce GTS 450
- GeForce GTX 460M
- GeForce GT 415M
- GeForce GT 425M
- GeForce GT 420M
- GeForce GT 435M
- Quadro 2000
- Quadro 600
- Stopped installing OpenGL, VDPAU, CUDA, and OpenCL header files with the driver. Those interested in these files can get them from their Linux distributions' packages, where available, or upstream from:
Note that while libvdpau.so is still included in 260.xx drivers, it will be removed from a future release series in early 2011. Distributors are encouraged to package libvdpau.so from http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/VDPAU
- OpenGL header files (gl.h, glext.h glx.h, glxext.h):
- VDPAU header files (vdpau.h and vdpau_x11.h)
- CUDA and OpenCL header files (cuda.h, cudaGL.h, cudaVDPAU.h, cl.h, cl_gl.h, cl_platform.h)
Note that http://www.opengl.org/registry/ does not presently provide gl.h or glx.h. Until that is resolved, NVIDIA's OpenGL " header files can still be chosen, through the “--opengl-headers” installer option.
- Fixed the CustomEDID X configuration option so that it can handle EDID files from Linux procfs; e.g., /proc/acpi/video/IGPU/LCD0/EDID.
- Fixed an interaction problem with a change in X server behavior that caused slow text rendering on X.Org xserver 1.9.
- Enhanced VDPAU to support interop with CUDA and OpenGL when Xinerama is active.
- Fixed a bug in VDPAU that prevented temporal-spatial de-interlacing from operating when temporal de-interlacing was not also enabled.
- Added support for configuring the dithering depth used when driving a flat panel with a GeForce 8 family or Quadro 4600/5600 or newer GPU. See the "Dithering Controls" in the Flat Panel page in nvidia-settings.
- Added support for the nvcuvid API.
nvcuvid provides a mechanism for decoding video and exposing the surfaces to CUDA, allowing applications to perform custom processing of the video. nvcuvid is primarily targeted at transcoding and video- processing applications. nvcuvid was already available on other platforms.
By default, nvidia-installer places headers in /usr/include/nvcuvid, and library in /usr/lib/libnvcuvid.so, or in the appropriate library path for your system.
- Fixed a bug in VDPAU that could cause a "display preemption" when toggling MPlayer to full-screen the first time.
- Added OpenGL 4.1 support for Quadro Fermi, GeForce GTX 4xx, and later GPUs.
- Enhanced VDPAU to fully support Xinerama.
- Fixed a bug in the X driver that prevented operation of Xinerama when using multiple NVIDIA GPUs from different major hardware generations on X with ABI 4 or greater.
- Fixed a bug in the OpenGL driver's Xinerama support.
Rendering should have ocurred to all physical X screens driven by an NVIDIA GPU compatible with the NVIDIA GPU driving physical X screen 0. However, if some physical X screen did not satisfy that requirement, then not only would that physical X screen not be rendered to (as expected), but also all physical X screens with a higher number would not be rendered to (which was unexpected).
- Added GPU "Processor Clock" reporting to the nvidia-settings PowerMizer page.
- Implemented support for SLI Mosaic Mode on Quadro FX 5800 and Quadro Fermi and newer Quadro GPUs.
- Enhanced the VDPAU overlay-based presentation queue to allow it to be used when SLI is active, and in some cases when the X composite extension is enabled. See the README for further details.
- Added support for configuring the dithering mode used when driving a flat panel with a GeForce 8 family or Quadro 4600/5600 or newer GPU.See the "Dithering Controls" in the Flat Panel page in nvidia-settings.
- Added unofficial GLX protocol support (i.e., for GLX indirect rendering) for the following OpenGL extensions:
- Added GLX protocol support (i.e., for GLX indirect rendering) for the following OpenGL extensions:
- GLX protocol for the following OpenGL extension is promoted from unofficial GLX ptotocol to ARB approved GLX protocol:
- Added support for configuring individual displays as any eye in passive stereo mode "4" when using TwinView or SLI Mosaic through extensions to the MetaMode syntax.
- Added ColorSpace and ColorRange features for HDMI. These give the ability to output YUV over HDMI and select full/reduced color range on RGB over HDMI. ColorSpace and ColorRange are X Configuration options and can be changed dynamically through nvidia-settings.