Florian Heidenreich heeft een nieuwe versie uitgebracht van Mp3tag. Met dit programma kunnen de metatags van de meest gangbare muziekformaten worden aangepast. Ondersteuning is aanwezig voor ID3v1, ID3v2.3, ID3v2.4, iTunes Mp5, wma, Vorbis Comments en Ape tags. Verder kunnen ook de bestandsnamen worden aangepast aan de hand van die tags en kunnen playlists worden gegenereerd. Sinds versie 2.44 zijn de volgende veranderingen en verbeteringen in het programma aangebracht:
- Some MP4 parsers had problems with additional 0x00 at hdlr atom name.
- Internal error when last used sorting column was greater than the total number of enabled columns.
- Support for user-defined field name mappings.
- Added support for multiline fields (for e.g., Lyrics) in Tag Panel.
- Hex-encoded HTML entities are now also translated in Tag Sources.
- Installer and program now digitally signed.
- Added MATCHES keyword to filter using regular expressions.
- Added *.flc (used for FLAC in some programs) to list of supported file extensions.
- Filter now supports filter expressions.
- Added support for preserving mp3HD correction data.
- Removed built-in field mapping from WRITER to COMPOSER at MP4.
- Trailing pipe symbol in fields filled by Tag Sources are now removed.
- Changed %_total% to be empty if there is no total number of tracks stored in the track field.
- Multiple values of fields in Tag Panel are now also listed in drop-down fields
- Empty fields from web source are no longer listed in tag sources dialog.
- Updated MusicBrainz web source.
- Improved status reporting when files are added via drag and drop.
- Converter 'Text file - Tag' now runs in separate thread with progress dialog.
- Addressed performance issues when reading OGG files with large metadata values.
- Filtering is now done in separate thread.
- Filter now enabled by default.
- Changed appearance of lists to themed style under Vista and above.
- Removed German help files.
- Removed Quick Launch Shortcut installer option for Windows 7 and above.
- Internal selection state was not reset when loading files via drag and drop (since v2.44a).
- Moving files from one directory to another via drag'n'drop resulted in unresponsive program (since v2.44a).
- Query strings containing equal or ampersand signs did not work with Amazon Tag Source.
- Undo remove or write tag operations sometimes refreshed wrong files in file view (since v2.44a).
- Sorting filtered results displayed files that were not matched by the filter expression.
- Numerical ID3v2 frames TLEN, TBPM and TDAT were always written in Unicode instead of ISO-8859-1.
- Lines in M3U playlists consisting of blanks only resulted in the M3U's directory being loaded.
- Applying actions on _FILENAME did not always remove invalid characters.
- Tag panel was not updated after removing files from file list (since v2.44a)
- Dropping directories from optical drives was always interpreted as add directory regardless of Ctrl-key state.
- Action Case Conversion (Sentence) and $caps3 gave different results.
- Importing covers via Web Sources occasionally resulted in erroneous mimetype containing charset descriptions.
- Dropping cover art to extended tag dialog stopped working (since v2.44).
- Query strings containing question marks did not work with Amazon Tag Source.
- Drag'n'drop of non-audio files resulted in blank line in file view (since v2.44a).
- Selection was not preserved when sorting in file view (since v2.44a).
- Spaces in quoted filter strings were ignored.
- Occasional runtime error on Export (since v2.44a).
- Selection state did not update after filtering (since v2.44a).
- Selecting multiple files via Shift+Arrow keys did not set to fields with different content in Tag Panel (since v2.44a).
- Saving tags when using arrow keys/single mouse click did not work anymore (since v2.44a).
- Selecting multiple files did not set to fields with different content in Tag Panel (since v2.44a).
- Fixed $loop(%field%) still limited after $loop(%field%,n) at export.
- Occasional runtime error when writing tags to malformed FLAC files.
- Fixed resizing issue at convert dialogs.
- Occasional runtime error when removing tags from Ogg Vorbis files.
- Fixed lost focus after editing via the extended tags dialog.
- Occasional runtime error when canceling writing operations.
- Swedish translation reworked by Matthias Stasiak.