Mozilla Weave is een add-on voor Firefox waarmee je persoonlijke gegevens kunt synchroniseren tussen verschillende apparaten, ook als die op verschillende platformen draaien. Zo is het mogelijk om al je bookmarks en wachtwoorden van je Linux-computer thuis te laten syncen met je Windows-computer op het werk. De ontwikkelaars hebben enkele dagen geleden versie 0.7 op de wereld gezet en voorzien van de volgende aankondiging:
Weave 0.7 Released
Weave Sync is a prototype that encrypts and securely synchronizes the Firefox experience across multiple browsers, so that your desktop, laptop and mobile phone can all work together. It is part of the Weave project, which aims to integrate services more closely with the browser.
What is Weave Sync all about? In short, Weave Sync lets you securely take your Firefox experience with you to all your Firefox browsers — including our mobile browser, codenamed Fennec. It currently supports continuous synchronization of your bookmarks, browsing history, saved passwords and tabs, as well as form-field history and preferences. For example:
What’s new in 0.7?
- Get the same results on the Smart Location Bar on each of your Firefox browsers, so you can get to your favorite sites with just a few keystrokes
- Continue what you were doing: have the ability to open any tab you have open on any of your Firefox browsers
- Keep the same list of bookmarks on all of your Firefox browsers
- If you use Personas, your currently selected Persona can be synchronized across your Firefox browsers
- Easily sign in to all your favorite sites using your saved passwords (this is especially handy on mobile phones, where it’s hard to type in complex passwords)
- Do it all securely: Weave Sync encrypts user data before uploading it to Mozilla’s servers, so that only you can access your data
If you have not looked at Weave recently, now is a great time to jump in and try it out! In this release we have continued work on scalability and reliability, user-facing performance, and continued our exploration of the new interface model that first appeared in 0.6.
- Major changes to improve sync reliability and performance for all users
- Incremental download support: when adding a new client, Weave will download your data in chunks to spread out and reduce memory and network usage
- Revamped setup and configuration UI, continuing the exploration we started with 0.6
- Many added bugfixes