Nokia heeft voor zijn mobiele telefoons van het type 5800 XpressMusic nieuwe firmware uitgebracht met 30.0.011 als het versienummer. Deze update kan zoals gewoonlijk met behulp van de Nokia Software Updater binnengehaald worden om de firmware vervolgens door te zetten naar de mobiele telefoon. Daarnaast is het ook mogelijk gebruik te maken van fota, en wie dat allemaal te ingewikkeld vindt kan binnenlopen bij een Nokia Service Punt. Voor gebruikerservaringen en meer informatie verwijzen we jullie door naar het Nokia 5800 Tube - Deel 2-topic op ons forum. Een officiële lijst van aanpassingen konden we helaas niet vinden; wel stuitten we bij onze zoektocht op de volgende lijst met veranderingen, die samengesteld werd door een fervente gebruiker van een 5800 XpressMusic-toestel:
Changes/improvements made from MCU SW version 21.0.025 to version 30.0.011:
Call log, Contacts and calling function:
- When Music Player is operating, and seeing the track name on the screen, and then when one song ends and goes to the next track, the speed at which this happens has improved yet again from 21.002, although the noticeable change is not as much as from 20.149 to 21.002.
- Calling speed (from standby screen to Contacts or Call Log) and transition to call/disconnected screens even faster than 21.002, is more than the instantaneous that I stated for the 21.002, it has improved yet again.
- New menu option in the in-call menu to Send MMS during phone call.
- Loudspeaker maximum volume has seemed to decreased
- Maps startup is now almost instantaneous, speed through all the Maps menus very fast, even faster than Maps 2.0
- Switching to different views is very smooth and fast now, i.e. to Map 3D etc.
- Maps version 2.0 week 39 remains the same, although the Maps is able to be upgraded to Ovi Maps 3.01 flawlessly
Camera and Photos:
- The biggest change is the equaliser improvements. There is a huge improvement in sound quality, even background sounds and other channels are more noticeable. The default equaliser settings are quite good. And bass is less crunchy than before.
- Split-second delays now do not exist when pressing the volume keys to change between volume levels. In the past, there was some degree of delay, even running multiple applications now, that behaviour has been improved remarkably.
- Freezes in the music player have not been evident to me yet in my days of usage with the new firmware. Which is a marked improvement in the functioning and stability of the music player. Screen tearing and slow speed for album art to appear is still present though.
- Biggest change is the reappearance of use of the volume keys to zoom while taking photos/recording video
- Going into Details is faster than 21.002, almost instantaneous now
- Scrolling speed through thumbnails is only minimally jerky now, also scrolling through photos at 100% view has improved in speed so it is now very smooth and almost instantaneous
- When going into menus in Camera, the speed is instantaneous
- Logo has changed for the video centre in the menu
- Appearance of video menu is different and seems to have inherited the newer N-series/E-series style simplified logos
- Speed in the video centre is much improved and is almost instantaneous
- Changing between volume levels in RealPlayer is instantaneous, fast-forward/rewind speed and resume of playback after these functions is improved and almost instantaneous. Sound quality appears to have been improved also.
- Application has been upgraded from v4.08 to v4.10.0904
- Logo has changed and is now reminiscent of the newer N-series/E-series simplified styling
- Performance is faster and Yandex search service has been removed in favour of Live Search and Google (Note: this is for the APAC variant, will vary between different regions and specific countries)
- Rendering of webpages has improved in speed since 21.002
- Rotate Screen option speed is now almost instantaneous
- Speed in Web options menu is now instantaneous
- Loading of Minimap on side when scrolling down pages does not have pixelation anymore
- Overall system speed has been improved so it is somewhat faster than 21.002
- Scrolling in the Multimedia menu from one tab to another whilst multiple applications are running, has improved marginally in speed
- Overall stability seems to also have been improved, have not had one crash or freeze where I have had to remove the phone battery. The slight freezes that have occurred, the phone has recovered from flawlessly.