DJI Interprises heeft enkele weken geleden versie 5.50 build 9337 van NewsBin Pro uitgebracht. Dit programma is bedoeld om bestanden zoals foto's, films en programma's van usenet af te halen. Deze bestanden kunnen in losse pakketjes van een of meerdere nieuwsservers gedownload worden en worden aan de ontvangende kant weer in elkaar gezet. Downloads zijn beschikbaar voor 32bits- en 64bits-versies van Windows en wegen tussen de drie en vier megabytes. DJI Interprises levert de volgende release notes mee met deze versie:
- Downloads binary posts from Usenet newsgroups. Supports yEnc, UUEncoded and Mime encoded posts. BinHex encoded posts are supported by saving into a separate file for processing by a third party decoder.
- Compact View: combines all the posts in each RAR set into one line.
- Built in RAR Processing: AutoPAR combines split RAR files and QuickPAR/Master Splitter (QPMS) files, repairs if needed, and extracts the contents.
- Internet Search: Optional service, search our database over the Internet for Usenet posts.
- Local Search: Search downloaded headers on your machine.
- SSL Support: Be secure when using news servers providing SSL connections.
- Custom Post Lists: move selected posts into a post list with your customized settings for processing.
- NZB File Support: automatically loads NZB files, or click and drag.
- MP3 Organizer: use MP3 tags to organize by albums and artist.
- On-the-fly Download Prioritization: get the important stuff first.
- Multiple Server Support: configure multiple news servers for simultaneous use.
- Automatic Download Mode: Configurable per newsgroup to automatically download files while you sleep.
- Dual Core support: Makes use of multiple processor systems, or CPUs with Hyperthreading
- Advanced Download Management: use the Scratch list to park posts for downloading later
- Automatic Header Updates: always have the most recent headers available for browsing.
- Newsgroup Organization Features: act on an individual group or a group of groups.
- Optimal Resource Management: uses significantly less RAM than versions prior to 5.42
- Image Database and Viewer: store images to a database and view with built-in viewer.
- Posting Capabilities: Post requests, short text messages, and files to the newsgroups.
- Customization: Apply different color schemes to identify post status, minimize to system tray.
The file format for saved headers has changed since version 5.42.
Before installing, go to your NewsBin Data Folder and determine the size of the SPOOL folder. Make sure you have enough disk space to handle a copy of the entire folder.
NewsBin will convert header files whenever a group is loaded, updated, or if you perform a local search on a group. This will only happen the first time the group is processed but it could take some time.
Notes and Known Issues: (Entire buglist available here)
Known Cosmetic Issues:
- AutoPAR does not delete .Sxx files after decoding a RAR set that extends out of the .Rxx range into the .Sxx range.
- The Bandwidth Limiter does not work properly on some systems. Cannot recreate
- NewsBin can get into a state where it endlessly retries posts failing with 430 errors. Cannot recreate
- The counter in the post list does not get updated in some cases. Cannot recreate.
- An RV3 spool file can get corrupted in such a way that will kill newsbin. Cannot recreate.
- Using ctrl-d to remove a file from the download list marks the post as downloaded instead of restoring to previous status.
- Combine Files from Files tab will not combine .rar sets that have .rar, .r00, .r01, .r02 format. It lists them correctly but fails with "Needs Repair" next to the .r00 file.
- Decoded Files listed in the Files tab over 4GB in size do not have the correct file size listed.
- System Tray icon does not reflect speed limit changes trigered through the TCP interface.
- You can't change the download path for a file currently being downloaded.
- Downloaded status is not persistent for incompletes. On group reload, it'll say "Incomplete" again, after it was already downloaded.
- AutoPAR does not check for available free space before doing the decode. Reports that it gets stuck in an endless loop decoding and failing until space is freed.
- Issue when autorar decodes a RAR, it also copies any of the extra files mentioned in the RAR to the new destination but, the old name is still in the files list.
- It happens anytime you have NFO/SFV's mentioned in a PAR and a different decode folder than the current one.
- If a right-click menu is open and NewsBin tries to auto-shutdown when the download list empties, you get into a state where you can't close the right-click menu or newsbin.
- Shift-del does not work if spool files are still loading. No change planned to accomodate this.
- Post list does not reflect correct status of failed posts, for example a Duplicate is not marked "D" in the post list.
- You can increase server connections and see the result when the options menu is closed but, you can't decrease connections and see the result until you restart NewsBin.
- Any columns dragged to the left of the Subject column in the post list only shows the subject when a tooltip pops up on dwell.
- Text posts with the same subject all get lumped together so text replies may be hidden.
- Ctrl-D in post list does not remove RPB entries from download list. Bug #455
- Kill Connections in Connections tab does not give feedback. Does not kill connections on some machines for some reason. Bug #531
- Post Properties does not show accurate "Missing" info in "Compact Mode" for compacted posts.
- In post list, Compact Mode will sometimes hide non-yEnc posts that pretend to be yEnc.
- In Read Posts tab, if you delete the last post, the window jumps up to the beginning of the list.
- There is a line overwriting Accept Filter and Reject Filter on the Filter Profiles screen.
- The "X" to close a post list will ride over other post list options on lower screen resolutions.