JGsoft heeft niet alleen zijn gratis teksteditor Editpad Lite voorzien van een update, ook de grote broer Editpad Pro is gisteren voorzien van een update. Waar Editpad Lite bedoeld is als vervanger van Notepad, is Editpad Pro meer bedoeld voor programmeurs. Zo is er bijvoorbeeld een spellingchecker die rekening houdt met syntax coloring en is er een hex-editor, file compare, bookmarks en een ingebakken ftp-client aanwezig. Een volledig overzicht van de extra mogelijkheden ten opzichte van de Lite-versie kan op deze pagina worden gevonden. Het changelog van deze release laat de volgende veranderingen zien:
- File Types: JSON file type with syntax coloring and file navigation.
- File navigation: Additional XML schemes that add a "content" subnode to each element that links only to the contents of the element, without the element's opening and closing tags.
- File Types: PowerShell file type with syntax coloring and file navigation.
- Command line switch to add the main form instead of the application to the taskbar. Pass /taskbar as the first command line parameter. This fixes issues with certain Alt-Tab and taskbar replacement/enhancement utilities. It also puts items like "Move" on the taskbar button's right-click menu. Disadvantage is that the taskbar button will then display the same text as the caption on EditPad's window, which shows the full path to your file. Without the command line switch, EditPad shows only the file name on the taskbar button.
- Tools: Group the undo items when replacing the selected text after running the tool.
- Preferences, Editor: The option to focus the editor after a successful search is now off by default.
- Macros: Stop macro playback if View|Next/Previous File is at the last/first file already, instead of looping to the first/last file. Repeating a macro that does a View|Next File at the end is a way to repeat a macro across all open files. When not playing back a macro, View|Next/Previous file will still loop as in previous versions
[break]De volgende downloads zijn beschikbaar:
- File|Favorites: If the option to preserve file settings was disabled in Options, Preferences, Files, trying to add the current file to the favorites caused an access violation.
- Macros: Selecting Options|File Types did not record the file type change into the macro.
- File Panel: The New Project button in the File Panel caused an access violation when no files were selected. The New Project button in the File Panel moves the selected files into the newly created project. The New Project item in the Project menu starts a blank project without moving any files.
- Editor: Syntax coloring was not updated correctly if an edit required a single color to be newly applied to a block of multiple lines, and the block of lines was only partially visible
- File Panel: Dragging and dropping an Untitled and empty file within a project caused EditPad to crash with an Access Violation. Note that the files in the File Panel are always sorted alphabetically. You cannot rearrange files within the same project on the File Panel.
- Favorites: Renaming a folder inside another folder in the favorites caused a "list index out of bounds" error.
- Search: Typing at the start of the search term in the hexadecimal section after opening the search panel in hexadecimal mode caused an access violation
- FTP: If the connection to the FTP server is lost, EditPad's FTP panel sometimes hangs instead of automatically reconnecting, making it impossible to reconnect to the FTP server or even close EditPad.
- Preferences, Colors: The "white on black" preset resulted in a color combination for paragraph symbols that made them invisible.
- Preferences, Editor: The option to always visualize spaces and line breaks on the search panel was only respected when the search panel was first opened; switching tabs would cause the search panel to use the settings from the Options menu.
- File status was not preserved for files that were still open when EditPad was terminated with File|Exit.
- Fold: If undoing an action required the cursor to be moved to a line made invisible by folding, the cursor would appear visually at the first line in the fold even though it was logically moved back to the correct line.
- Bookmarks: If multiple lines were pasted into the line immediately above a bookmarked line, the bookmark was not moved down along with the line it is on.
- Search: Replace All should be disabled for read-only files.
- Print: Changing the font in the print preview for a large file caused EditPad to lock up.
- Print: When printing, EditPad prints plain text as black on white, even if you have different colors configured in the editor. Depending on the syntax coloring scheme being used, EditPad sometimes forced the wrong color(s) to black and white.
- File|Save As: Saving an untitled file did not set the folder you saved it into as the most recently used folder (6.4.x only).
- File|Exit: If you used File|Exit, or the X button if EditPad doesn't have a tray icon, and you clicked Cancel Close when prompted to save a modified file, EditPad would terminate anyway if you then used a file dialog like File|Open.
EditPad Pro 6.4.2 (Engels)
EditPad Pro 6.4.2 (Nederlands)
EditPad Pro 6.4.2 (U3)[break]