Securefx geeft de gebruiker een versleuteld ssh2-kanaal waarop bestanden via sftp en ftp uitgewisseld kunnen worden. Hiermee wordt voorkomen dat belangrijke wachtwoorden in platte tekst over de lijn worden gestuurd. Voor meer informatie over de werking en de mogelijkheden van Securefx wijzen we jullie door naar deze pagina. De ontwikkelaars van Vandyke Software hebben de tweede bčtaversie van Securefx 6.1 met de volgende lijst van veranderingen de deur uitgedaan:
Changes in SecureFX 6.1 (Beta 2):
Changes in SecureFX 6.1 (Beta 1):
- Under Vista, when a new synchronize session was created, garbage was displayed in the "Last Synchronized" column in the Synchronize dialog.
- FTPS sessions incorrectly honored the "Directory listing options" when connecting to a server that supported MLSD.
- If SecureFX was running during an upgrade install, the installer continued to report that a file was in use after SecureFX was closed and Retry was selected.
- The installer did not handle the answer file option INSTALLATION_PROFILE.
- Added support for saving, editing, and executing synchronize operations, which makes it easier to keep multiple sites synchronized.
- The Quick Synchronize and Synchronize dialogs optionally use the paths from the active sessions for the synchronize operation, reducing synchronize set up time.
- Added folder operations which make it easier to navigate folders in SecureFX. The new context menu items are: Back, Forward, Parent, Home, Root, and Folder in Explorer (local session only).
- Added the ability to search sessions and folders in the Connect dialog, which supports searching for a session name, hostname, folder name, or a keyword in the description.
- SSH2: The username and password can be saved when using keyboard-interactive authentication, streamlining the logon process.
- SFTP: If the remote server is VShell 3.5 or later, there is a context menu item that allows you to become a different user.
- Under certain circumstances, when uploading multiple files through the Transfer Queue, the transfer hung on the second file.
- When the "Save expanded folder state in connect dialog" option was set and a session in a folder was renamed in the Connect dialog, it caused other folders to be expanded.
- SFTP: If the contents of a folder could be viewed, but not listed, SecureFX got an unknown application error when attempting to change to the folder.
- U3: Configuration settings were uninstalled when the U3 version was uninstalled.