De ontwikkelaars van Mozilla hebben in de vorm van 220.127.116.11 een nieuwe versie van Firefox uitgebracht. De browser kan vanaf deze pagina voor Linux, Mac OS X en Windows in diverse talen gedownload worden. Firefox is een opensource webbrowser die standaard voorzien is van tabbed browsing, een pop-up blocker en een rss-reader. Daarnaast is het mogelijk extra functionaliteit toe te voegen door middel van add-ons. Het uiterlijk van Firefox kan via themes gewijzigd worden.
Fixed in Firefox 18.104.22.168
- XUL popup spoofing variant (cross-tab popups)
- Java socket connection to any local port via LiveConnect
- Privacy issue with SSL Client Authentication
- HTTP Referrer spoofing with malformed URLs
- Crashes with evidence of memory corruption (rv:22.214.171.124)
Windows & Windows Vista
- Some firewall software may silently block Firefox from running. This often happens immediately after Firefox has been installed or updated from a previous version. There are configuration instructions available for most popular firewall programs to help you ensure that Firefox is allowed to connect to the Internet.
- Dictionaries for several locales can't be packaged with the builds, and must be manually downloaded by right-clicking in a text area and selecting "Add Dictionaries..." from the shortcut menu. New dictionaries are regularly being added to Mozilla Add-ons, so if you don't see the particular dictionary you need, check back later.
- Access key definitions provided by web pages can now be triggered using Alt+Shift+key on Windows, Ctrl+key on Mac OS X, and Ctrl+Shift+key on Unix.
- The Session Restore functionality provided in Firefox 2 will restore connections to services which use session cookies to maintain login state such as GMail. It is recommended that users with concerns about the privacy implications of this behavior change the value of
- The option for "Shrink to fit" has been removed in Firefox 2. If you wish to change this from the value you had set in your previous version of Firefox, change the value of
- Software Update will not work if Firefox is installed to a location on your disk to which you do not have write access, since Software Update needs to replace or create files in this location.
- Some financial institutions use port 563 for secure logins, which results in an error message. If you encounter this error, make sure that
network.security.ports.banned.overrideincludes 563 in the comma-separated list of banned network ports to override.
Mac OS X
- The Java Console extension that came with Java SE 6.0u1 (J2SE6.0.01) is incompatible with Firefox as reported in Bugzilla. Java should work as expected, but the menu item "Java Console" will not be available in the Tools menu. This issue has been fixed in Java SE 6.0u2 (J2SE6.0.02) and later versions and is available for download from the Java website.
- Clicking links in some applications (e.g. some instant messaging programs) might not open them in Firefox, even if you have set it as your default browser. To workaround this problem, go to Start -> Default Programs -> Set default programs for this computer, expand custom, select the radio button next to the app you want to set as the system wide default app (e.g. Firefox, etc.), and apply.
- The Windows Media Player (WMP) plugin is not provided by default in all versions of Windows. If you are having trouble playing Windows Media content in Firefox, download and install the Windows Media Player Plugin for Firefox.
- Vista Parental Controls are not completely honored. In particular, file downloads do not honor Vista's parental control settings. This will be addressed in an upcoming Firefox release.
- When migrating from Internet Explorer 7 to Firefox, cookies and saved form history are not imported.
- Use of the install-global-extension and install-global-theme command line arguments have been restricted to only allow installing add-ons that are on local disks or mapped drives. Installing from a network share directly will no longer succeed.
Linux and Unix
- On OS X 10.5 (Leopard), there are known problems with some media plugins as well as Add-ons that contain binary components.
- The "Close Other Tabs" action on the shortcut menu of a tab can fail with an error when more than 20 tabs are open.
- Some users have reported problems viewing Macromedia Flash content on Intel Mac computers. To work around this problem, users can remove or move the PowerPC version of "Flash Player Enabler.plugin from
- After installing a new plug-in, Firefox may continue to display information for the older version of the plug-in in about:plugins. If this happens, quit Firefox, delete the "pluginreg.dat" file from your profile folder, and relaunch Firefox.
- Java does not run on Intel Core processors under Rosetta.
- There is no Talkback on Intel-based Macs when running natively or under Rosetta. The Apple Crash report program should launch in the event of application crashes.
- If Firefox is installed to a location with spaces in the path, it may not be able to set itself as default browser and may keep prompting at startup. The work around is to install into a path without spaces.
- GNOME integration does not work properly with Fedora Core 3. Users of Fedora Core 3 will need to download and install linc-1.0.3-3.1.i386.rpm. After installing the RPM, perform the following command in the directory in which you installed Firefox (you will need write permission):
The next time you start Firefox, GNOME integration should be functional.