Voor het uitwisselen van bestanden kan je op het Mac OS X-platform gebruikmaken van het programma iGet. Het programma is speciaal geschreven voor dit platform en bevat daardoor een aantal exclusieve functies zoals 'remote Spotlight searching', het via je eigen Mac zoeken naar bestanden die op een andere Mac-computer staan. De verbindingen worden voorzien van een ssh-beveiliging om buitenstaanders geen kijkje te gunnen in je bestanden. Nakahara Informatics heeft versie 2.7 uitgebracht met de volgende aanpassingen sinds de vorige vermelding in de Meuktracker:
iGet 2.7, the latest update to the Mac file transfer tool, introduces enhanced behavior when running on Mac OS X 10.5, along with several performance and stability improvements.
What's new in this version:
- Performance of file transfers involving many small files (including file and application packages) has been improved.
- When running on Mac OS X 10.5 or later, the default location for downloaded items is now the user's Downloads folder. (Any existing setting will not be modified, however.)
- Several user interface elements, including explanatory and informational sheets for cases like invalid user input, have been greatly improved.
- Fixed a bug that could cause Automator actions to fail on Mac OS X 10.5.
- Eliminated spurious "mdworker: unable to parse schema" messages that may have been written to the system log under Mac OS X 10.5.
- Fixed a serious bug that in rare circumstances could cause a connection to fail, or cause a crash.
- Several other minor improvements.
iGet 2.6.2 is a maintenance release, which incorporates several improvements over the previous version.
Fixes and improvements in this version:
- Fixed a bug which could cause iGet to fail to navigate to the correct folder on the remote Mac when opening an iGet Favorite from the New Connection window, rather than using the Favorites window or menu.
- This version corrects a problem which could cause iGet to crash while negotiating a connection using key-based authentication, if its windows were reordered during the connection process. This was especially likely to happen with Little Snitch installed (although the fault was entirely iGet's).
- The New Connection window can now be closed via the window's normal close button, or ⌘W. Any connection that is in progress when the window is closed will be cancelled. The Cancel button continues to work as before.
- Corrected some issues with keyboard navigation of the UI. Notably, this fixes bugs that prevented using the Shift and/or Option keys in conjunction with the arrow keys to navigate or modify the selection in the files list.
- Updated various identifiers used by iGet, in order to address issues whereby iGet could become dissociated from its document files (e.g., iGet shortcut files).