Xine is een opensource multimediaspeler voor GNU/Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris, Irix en Mac OS X. Men is daarnaast bezig om ondersteuning toe te voegen voor Windows, HPUX, OpenBSD en OS/2. Xine kan cd's, dvd's en vcd's afspelen, lust avi-, mov-, wmv-, en mp3-bestanden en ook multimediastreams van het internet vormen geen enkel probleem om af te spelen. Versie 1.1.9 is sinds kort beschikbaar met de volgende aankondiging:
There are improvements to DVB subtitle support and H.264 video, and fixes for MP3 playback, DVB, ivtv, Flash video streams and some playlist types (particularly XML ones). One significant fix is that the special "be nice to the user" '#' handling has been dropped since it seems to have been causing more problems than it fixes.
- Fix dvd://.../title[.chapter] handling (somewhat broken in 1.1.8).
- Fix switching DVB subtitles channels.
- DVB sub: switch to dyn mem alloc and allow multiple CLUTs per page.
- Check if DVB sub PTS is reliable and show sub immediately if it's not.
- Fix incorrect H.264 detection on successive MPEG1/2 B frames.
- Add UI option to configure FFmpeg's video decoder thread count.
- Improve syncing of audio and video in the presence of bad frames.
- Improve handling of invalid or unknown frame sizes.
- Fixed handling of streamed Flash videos (broken in 1.1.5).
- Fixed division by zero in sputext decoder
- Build fix for when using Linux 2.6.23 headers. [Bug 1820958]
- Implemented decoding of XML character entities with codes >= 256. This requires conversion to UTF-8 of entities with codes >= 128.
- Handle initial Unicde BOMs in XML; convert other UTF encodings to UTF-8.
- Fixed ATSC support. [Bug 1749508]
- Fixed a possible DVB plugin crash when switching channels.
- Fixed a crash closing the frontend. [Bug #7]
- Fixed deadlock on ao_close while paused.
- Nicer wakeup behaviour, using select instead of nanosleep (800 -> 100 wakeups/s).
- Fixed ALSA close function to not discard all data that had been written but not played yet.
- Fixed a race condition between ao_loop and ao_close to not lose the last buffer.
- DXR3 encoding with external ffmpeg should be fixed now. (This was broken by ffmpeg revision 9283).
- Enabled the WMV VC1 & VMware Screen (ffmpeg) codecs.
- Fixed a crash that happened when a video output was closed
- Made the Real demuxer recognise simple lists of http references.
- Require correct URL encoding of '#'s which aren't separators.
- Don't decode %nn in raw filenames. [Bug 1784272]
- Always enable a52dec capabilities for external a52dec, this makes it possible to use the DJB accelerated FFT when using the external a52dec liba52 library. [Bug #9]
- Fixed an input_pvr issue with 'set input' for ivtv versions 0.10.6+
- demux_aiff: only check for chunk's size being lesser than 100 when reading the COMM_TAG. [Bug #6]
- Avoid potential mislinkage at install time if a system-wide libxine.so is present but is *not* pointing at libxine.so.1.
- Update French translation, thanks to Christophe Giraud. [Bug #15]
- Detect corrupted or broken seek tables in CBR MP3 files. [Bug #3]
- Fixed an issue in input_pvr with setting the frequency of the tuner for ivtv versions 0.10.6+
- Add Turkish translation by Serdar Soytetir and Server Acim.
- Workaround for subtitle rendering when using variable-length character encodings other than UTF-8. (There is probably still some breakage here.)
This has improved DVB subtitles support, implements simple subtitle scaling and bold & italics for text subtitles, and allows control of XxMC bob deinterlacing. It also has fixes for an audio resampling problem (which manifested as regular clicking), a problem which would cause the goom plugin to stop working, and URL escape handling (use of %) in DVD and Video CD MRLs. Some memory leaks are also fixed, and there are some build fixes for Solaris users.
This adds support for libdca (formerly libdts), removes the ARTS plugin (by default), has better handling of disappearing audio devices, and fixes video CD playback.
This is mainly a bug-fix release; 1.1.5 has CD audio and DVD playback problems and a couple of X-related build problems. It also contains an updated Mac OS X video output plugin.
This release contains a security fix (CVE-2007-1246); it also contains XCB support, and has portability fixes for Mac OS X and OpenBSD.