Vandaag is de derde bčtarelease van versie 3.9 uitgekomen. NewsLeecher is een programma met uitgebreide mogelijkheden om binaire bestanden van nieuwsgroepen te downloaden. Nieuw in versie 3.9 is een functie met de naam Repair'n'Extract, waarmee het mogelijk is om artikelen op Usenet te verifiëren, te repareren en volledig automatisch uit te pakken. Deze derde bčtarelease bevat onder andere verbeterde filtering en heeft verder een hoop bugfixes aan boord. Hieronder is het volledige changelog te vinden:
- Added an option to enable/disable the single-click activation when clicking the tray icon. The option can be accessed from the tray popup menu.
- The Article Subject Ignore Filter (which can be accessed from 'Options->Filters->Ignore Filter') now also applies to SuperSearch articles results and Repair'n'Extract set files.
- The filter system has been much improved. All main filters now support boolean searching ("and", "or", "not" search queries) and new toolbars with subfilters makes it possible to narrow the search queries even further if wanted.
- Changed the functionality of the Repair'n'Extract Auto-Unpause feature. Instead of auto unpausing *any* needed set files from the transfer queue, it will now only auto unpause PAR repair files. This makes it possible to manually pause files in the transfer queue, without the RnE 'auto unpause' feature unpauses them again.
- The Pause Dl. Filters can now temporarily be ignored, by holding down the F12-key on the keyboard, while adding articles to the transfer queue.
- When Repair'n'Extract encounters an error with a set, such as when it's unable to extract archives due to password protection or lack of diskspace, the exact error will now be shown in the set 'status' listview column.
- When using the 'Perform Action when Queue is Empty' feature, the action will now be delayed until the transfer queue is empty *and* all eventual jobs in the Repair'n'Extract queue have finished. More info.
- Lots of smaller additions and improvements.
- Since the previous beta, the article filters didn't always work as they should. This has been fixed.
- Fixed "When Empty > Run Commandline does not correctly parse input string" bug. More info.
- Fixed "Post confirmation dialog chops off long subject titles" bug. More info.
- Fixed bug where articles were not saved to the disk, if the specified download folder didn't exist, and the default download folder didn't exist either. In such case, articles will now be saved to the '%USERPROFILE%\Downloads\' folder. More info.
- Fixed "Resuming a partially download UUEncoded multipart results in a failed download" bug. More info.
- Fixed an issue, where toolbar items sometimes were inaccessible if the toolbar was wider than the NewsLeecher window. More info.
- Fixed "Explorer tab displays file sizes of large files (> 4GB) incorrectly" bug. More info.
- Fixed "Exported NZBs have an incorrect codepage defined" bug. More info.
- Fixed bug where the Auto-Import-NZB feature sometimes would import incomplete NZB files. More info.
- Fixed bug where Repair'n'Extract sometimes would delete files which shouldn't be deleted, after having processed the set.
- Fixed bug where NewsLeecher would sometimes hang when using the the "When Queue is Empty > Shutdown" feature. More info.
- Lots of other minor bugfixes here and there.