De ontwikkelaars van DivX Labs zijn druk bezig geweest met Dr. DivX en hebben een nieuwe bčtaversie beschikbaar gesteld. Het programma kan verschillende videobeelden coderen met de DivX-codec waardoor de bestandsgrootte af zal nemen en de kwaliteit zichtbaar het zelfde zal zijn. Dr. DivX is sinds enige tijd beschikbaar onder de LGPL-licentie en kan op verschillende platformen draaien zoals Linux, Mac OS X en Windows 2000/XP/Vista. Echter de huidige bčtaversies werken alleen op het Windows-platform. De ontwikkelaars hebben de derde bčtaversie van Dr. DivX 2.0.1 uitgebracht met de volgende aankondiging:
Dr. DivX 2.0.1 Beta 3: The Dr. is dead, long live the Dr.
He's back and he would like to banish memories of the past 3 months. So, let's get right to the details.
In case ye faithful weren't aware, there was a code rewrite of certain sections that we had to do for the project to move forward. As a side-effect, you will notice minor changes in the user interface. Also, not all the user interface languages have been completely translated yet, so you may see visual interface anomalies caused by this. Rest assured, as we get back to making regular releases, these "creases" will get ironed out.
So, what are the new features? Not much, other than support for DivX Codec 6.5. Support for output pixel aspect ratio was left out for this build since it requires a non-trivial re-working of the source code to make it user intuitive. This feature will be added in the next build.
The Dr. also spent some time with a certain Ms. Vista. We noticed a few issues which we couldn't finish investigating and debugging in time for this release.
Don't let these 2 issues dissuade you from trying the Dr. on Vista. We'll be updating the code and releasing builds to address these (and countless other!) issues.
- Encodes are slower by a factor of 2 on some machines
- The application crashes when user tries to quickly add an encode job to batch during first phase of background analysis.
P.S. The Mac build is up and running. If all goes well, we'll push out the build towards the end of next week.
Version 2.0.1 beta 3:
What's newVersion 2.0.1 beta 2:
- Replace Qt with wxWidgets
- Support new features in DivX 6.5 codec (except output PAR)
- Support MS Windows Vista
- Turkish translation
- Support for 1080hd mode
- Misc. ASF/DVR-MS fixes
- Reading Haali's matroska files
- Support for Fraps v2, v4
- Updates from ffmpeg trunk
What's newVersion 2.0.1 beta 1:
- Add support for new features in DivX 6.4 codec
- Add support for running extra video encode passes after job is finished
- Add the possibility to remove the working folder only when removing the job from the list
- Faster loading of .avs files (no intensive analysis performed)
- Fix incorrect file size display when AC-3 output was chosen
- Fix audio encode when input is stereo AC-3 and dshow filter is set to 5.1 output
- Add support for AVISynth script input files
- Add support for mp3 surround audio encoding mode
- Support multiple drag & drop onto Batch window to add the files
- Smaller application package (everything statically linked in)
- Arabic translation
- Audio-video sync fix for large +ve audio offset values
- Display localized "Reset" dialog box
- Fix misc. memory leaks