Een maand na de eerste bčtaversie van de Linux-uitvoering van Flash Player, hebben de ontwikkelaars van Adobe in de vorm van 188.8.131.52 de tweede bčta beschikbaar gesteld. Met behulp van Flash Player is het mogelijk om Flash-content - voornamelijk swf-bestanden - te bekijken en af te spelen die gemaakt zijn met Flash-authoringtools. Populaire videosites zoals Youtube en Google Video maken onder meer gebruik van Flash om bezoekers video's te laten afspelen binnen de standalone Flash Player. Beta 2 kent een groot aantal verbeteringen, maar de lijst met known issies bevat ook nog enkele aandachtspunten. Volgens Penguin.swf kent de tweede bčta voornamelijk verbeteringen op het gebied van geluid:
- Full-screen mode and complete SSL support are not available for beta 2. (SSL support is currently available in the Linux Plugin but not the Linux Standalone Player).
- Artifacts may appear when video initially plays.
- System fonts may appear differently between Linux distributions. Formatting issues may result.
- The plugin does not currently work in Opera browsers. We are working with Opera on this issue.
- Express Install is an unsupported feature due to the variety of Linux platforms, each handling the Adobe Flash Player plug-in installation in different ways.
- Acrobat Connect Add-In installation is not working at this time. (188318)
- AMF3 connections do not work over RTMP. (186958)
- Right clicking outside of flash player while the context menu is displayed doesn't make the context menu disappear. Workaround: Left-click to turn off the context menu. (187957)
- MovieClip.currentLabel behavior inconsistent with MovieClip.currentLabels. Returns null, but correct label name is expected. (169127)
- Setting stage.mouseChildren or stage.tabChildren to false does not disable mouse interaction for the stage's children. (175090)
- Method closures do not work as keys in a Dictionary. (177261)
- Pixel-snapped FlashType has incorrect spacing when scaled as compared to changing the point size of the font. (174530)
- Non-integer letter-spacing values in CSS corrupts text field rendering. Floating point values for letter-spacing in CSS are now supported. Previously, non-integer values were not handled correctly and text would not draw as expected. (182482)
- When the hitTestState of a SimpleButton is the same as any of the visible states, moving the SimpleButton instance will result in screen artifacts. Workaround: use a different shape instance for the hitTestState. (172822)
- When calling out to ExternalInteface for FSCommand various timer related events, such as "enter frame," no longer trigger. (178286)
- Pixel-based grid fitting does not work for Flash Player 184.108.40.206 for PowerPC or Intel-based Macintosh computers in Rosetta mode. Pixel-based grid fitting works in native mode on Intel-based Macs. Designers and developers that are using pixel-based grid fitting for Flash Type should use native mode on Intel-based Macs or the PowerPC version 220.127.116.11 if developing and viewing content on a PowerPC system. (180560)
- Crash in ActiveX control related to onSoundCompletion handling. (177131)
- When opening 2 window instances of IE 7 with 2 tabs each, crash will occur with binary socket connection. (186530)
- Clicking play/pause button in a Google video opens another IE window and new window crashes. (184274)
- Player crashes when parent MovieClip destroyed using a onSetFocus event handler. (187080)
- Safari dropping frames and playing video poorly in full-screen mode (PPC & Mactel). (187776)
- Dynamic TextField prints as a solid box when using embedded fonts and set for anti-alias for readability. (187087)
- Setting selectable=false on a TextField doesn't prevent keyboard selection. (186835)
- RegExp .index property isn't double byte aware. (186337)
- Artifacts when initially playing + video stream freeze when selecting second video clip. (186435)
- Alpha channel rendering issue when rendering video containing an alpha channel, followed by another asset on the same stream without an alpha channel. (183860)
- IME is not available (no international text input). (184489)
- The Standalone Player is available in English only. (184237)