Jordan Russell Software heeft gisteren versie 5.1.8 van Inno Setup uitgebracht. Met dit programma kunnen op eenvoudige wijze installatiepakketten voor Windows worden gecreŽerd. Het programma biedt de mogelijkheid om informatie aan het register en ini-bestanden toe te voegen, snelkoppelingen te maken, en de installatiebestanden te comprimeren. Verder kan er ook een uninstaller worden toegevoegd en kan de installatie in meerdere talen uit te voeren. Het changelog van deze release laat de volgende veranderingen zien:
Changes in version 5.1.8:
[break]De volgende downloads zijn beschikbaar:
- Converted the documentation to HTML Help format for compatibility with Windows Vista, which does not support WinHelp-based help files at all (as of RC2). HTML Help is also said to work better with screen readers. Much of the conversion process was done by hand, so there may be some mistakes. Please report any problems you encounter.
- Updated the LZMA SDK compression/decompression code to version 4.43. Compression is noticably faster in this version. (Compiling Inno Setup's own installer used to take 7 seconds; now it takes 4.)
- Added a "requestedExecutionLevel" setting to Setup's manifest resource to disable Windows Vista's legacy application compatibility hacks. Now you should no longer see bogus "This program might not have installed correctly" dialogs when cancelling installations or after running installations that do not create an Uninstall key.
Note: It is possible that you were unwittingly relying on some of these application compatibility hacks, so it is recommended that you re-test your installations on Windows Vista after upgrading to this version.
- When deleting a .chm file, the uninstaller will now automatically delete any corresponding .chw file as well.
- Paths that are accessed at compile time may now include a "userdocs:" prefix, which is replaced with the path of your My Documents folder. For a usage example, see any of the example scripts.
- Setup now creates an "InstallDate" value in the Uninstall key so that Vista's Programs and Features Control Panel applet doesn't have to guess the "Installed on" date.
- Pascal Scripting changes/improvements:
- The StringChange function now returns an Integer indicating the number of changes made. Performance was also improved.
- Introduced new StringChangeEx function, which adds support for strings containing double-byte characters (used in Chinese, Japanese, and Korean languages). Unless you require binary safety, this function should be used instead of StringChange, especially if you're working with strings containing paths or filenames.
- IDE changes:
- The Open and Save As dialogs now permit sizing and include a places bar.
- On Windows Vista, the IDE no longer requests administrative privileges when started. (You will, however, still see UAC popups when launching compiled installations from within the IDE.)
- When you compile an unsaved script, the output is now placed under your My Documents folder (instead of the current directory). It asks if you want to save the script first, though.
- Updated bzip2 library to version 1.0.3.
- Minor tweaks.
Inno Setup 5.1.8