The Mozilla Organization heeft zijn webverkenner voor het Mac OS X-platform, Mozilla Camino, een update gegeven met 1.0 beta 1 als de versieaanduiding. Deze webverkenner maakt gebruik van Cocoa voor de user interface en de Gecko-engine om webpagina's te renderen. Daarnaast beschikt het programma over tabbed browsing, een popup blocker en een Google-zoekveld. Met deze nieuwe versie verdwijnt de ondersteuning van Max OS X 10.1 waardoor de mensen met deze oudere versie gedwongen worden om versie 0.8.4 te blijven gebruiken. De meegeleverde release notes zien er als volgt uit:
Camino 1.0 Beta 1 brings you a heavily updated version of the only native Mac OS X browser using Mozilla.org's Gecko HTML rendering engine. We made great improvements, adding new features, improving existing features, and fixing many bugs and performance issues.
Note that this version of Camino 1.0 Beta 1 is close to its final shipping state. It is usable on a day-to-day basis and a large improvement over Camino 0.8.4, but you may still experience bugs, or features that are not complete. The goal of this early release is to demonstrate progress, and for people to report issues early on in the development cycle so that they can be addressed. That said, this beta is replacing 0.8.4 as the stable release on all systems 10.2+.
Camino 1.0 Beta 1 shares the same code base with Firefox 1.5 (it's based on the Mozilla 1.8 CVS branch), so shares many of the security fixes and Gecko improvements that are in that version of Firefox.
Due to changes in the feature set, Camino no longer supports Mac OS X 10.1. We advise people still using OS X 10.1 to stay with Camino 0.8.4.
- Added a "Reload All Tabs" item to the tab context menu.
- Dragging a URL onto the empty tab bar area now creates new tabs, and doesn't replace the existing ones.
- Now show an optional warning when closing windows or quitting with multiple tabs open.
- Changed the Hide/Show Toolbar and Hide/Show Bookmarks Bar modifiers to use Shift, rather than Option.
- Fixed an issue where "Close Window" wouldn't properly revert to Command-W.
- Fixed several addblocking issues.
- Drop down popups used to display at the wrong location when it was near the bottom of the screen.
- Position:fixed used to displays at wrong offset.
- "Unrequested Popup Detected" title is now localizable.
- In some cases Camino could hang when generating certificates.
- Fixed occasional crash when editing trust settings for a newly-added certificates.
- Fixed other bugs in the certificate view that caused the checkbox states to be incorrect, and fail to stick.
- Fixed a possible exception on quit when quitting with the certificates window frontmost.
- Made the "Cancel" button work.
- Delete is now disabled when no certificates are selected.
- Fixed crash that happened on download failure.
- Added error reporting for common downloading errors (no permissions in destination directory, and disk full) via a sheet on the downloads window.
- Fixed a case where saving HTML Complete to a non-writable directory wouldn't give an error but would bail.
- No longer make history items for "hidden" global history entries, such as those for subframes.
- Only create history date folders for the days that we are saving history for.
- The history view and the menus will now update live as you change the history entries preference.
- Fixed an issue where some .url files wouldn't properly load the website.
- Now site icons are not loaded if the (hidden) "browser.chrome.favicons" pref is set to false.
- Fixed the issue where the warning triangle favicon didn't display when an error page loads.
- Fixed a bug where the text field of a bookmark folder gets editable when selected and expanded.
- Bookmark bar item tooltips now show the title and url separated by a newline.
- Now export of bookmark keywords.
- Now remember which container was selected in the Bookmarks Manager.
- Fixed "Redo" when moving a bookmark within a folder.
- Fixed Undo in the url bar to not create undo items for no-op changes.
- Fixed drag and drop in the bookmarks to show the correct feedback when copying, and allow copying into the containers table.
- Fixed the context menu for empty rows in the bookmarks to enable the "New Folder" item.
- Allow reading a Safari Bookmarks.plist file as the bookmarks file (rather than an import) in case a user copies it over.
- Now display separators in the bookmarks toolbar.
- Fixed a case where Camino would hang and redraw when selecting while hidden.
- Now make sure the Info tab is selected in the bookmarks info panel.
- Renamed the "Name" field to "Title" to be consistent with the rest of the UI.
- Tidied up the "Visit count" panel.