De ontwikkelaar van DVD Decrypter is een tijd geleden gestopt met het ontwikkelen van dit dvd-ripprogramma. Lightning UK!, zoals de ontwikkelaar zichzelf noemt, vond het echter jammer dat al zijn werk verloren zou gaan en daarom heeft hij besloten om ImgBurn te ontwikkelen. Dit is een brandprogramma gebaseerd op de burn engine van DVD Decrypter 184.108.40.206 waarmee het ook mogelijk is om de booktype en bitsetting van een dvd-brander aan te passen. ImgBurn 220.127.116.11 is met de volgende aankondiging bekend gemaakt:
As I'm sure you all know, DVD Decrypter was shut down due to legal reasons. Not wanting to waste all my hard work, I'd like to introduce you to ImgBurn! - (Say hello ImgBurn) - "Hello" :o)
ImgBurn is an enhanced version of the 18.104.22.168 burn engine - and it will continue to get better and better as time goes on. I hope in time you'll grow to like ImgBurn as much as you did DVD Decrypter.
- Added: Much improved ISO (DVD Video) image double layer burning. The image is now parsed, the IFO file scanned and the 'seamless playback linked in PCI' flag read/updated to find the best place for the layer break.
- Added: Changing the volume label of an ISO image via the 'Tools' menu will refresh the one displayed on the main screen if it's the same file.
- Added: 'Device' to the information area in ISO Write mode during burning.
- Added: Alternative method of 'load/eject' for drives that dont support 'immediate' command execution.
- Added: 'Display IFO Layer Break Information' to new Context menu to 'Sectors' label.
- Added: Tooltip to log windows when the line the mouse is hovering over is too long to fit in the window. The tooltip contains the full line!
- Added: Possible workaround for drives that randomly return 'Unknown' for 'current profile' that then leads to DVD+R/+RW discs not being finalised.
- Added: Support for *.GCM images.
- Added: Retries (10) to the 'CreateFile' API call when doing the 'Search for SCSI / ATAPI Devices' thing using SPTI as the I/O Interface.
- Added: Log entry explaining in plain english that when you get a 'createfile failed!' message in the log, it means the drive WILL NOT be visible in the program.
- Added: Log entry when FSCTL_LOCK_VOLUME fails with 'Invalid Function' error. Means drivers dont support it, and therefore need updating. I now mention this in the log.
- Added: The reason behind FSCTL_LOCK_VOLUME failing to the log.
- Added: Option to not have the program wait for the background process of formatting a DVD+RW.
- Added: Support for detection of DVD+RW DL media.
- Added: Sarcastic message when people try to load IFO/BUP/VOB files for burning.
- Added: CLI switch '/LAYERBREAK' to allow 3rd party apps to pass the layerbreak LBA directly, rather than manipulating the registry.
- Added/Fixed: UDF File system error detection when file potentially use 32bits to store their size, rather than the 30 they're supposed to use. A dialog box now comes up if this is detected and asks the user which 'size' they'd like to use - the 30 bit version or the 32 bit one.
- Changed: Layer break info now shown for DVD-R DL media.
- Changed: Tooltips - so they're displayed for 5 seconds instead of 2.5.
- Changed: Hitting 'retry' during a write error will no longer perform X number of retries (as specified in the settings). It'll just do the 1 now!
- Changed: Layout of drive compatibilities page.
- Changed: (for the moment anyway) Write parameters are now sent again for DVD+R burns. Some older drives had problems when they weren't sent.
- Changed: No more forcing of dismounts on the volume when the disc is ejected. They cause other problems.
- Changed/Fixed: Aborting a write operation whilst it's filling the buffer will no longer perform any of the actual writing/finalising etc.