In het forum van NewsLeecher is zojuist de vierde bètarelease van versie 3.0 van het gelijknamige programma vrijgegeven. Met NewsLeecher kunnen op Usenet berichten uit nieuwsgroepen worden gelezen en bestanden worden gedownload. Het programma kan onder andere van meerdere servers tegelijkertijd downloaden, heeft ondersteuning voor yEnc-codering en kan tot maximaal 99 threads tegelijkertijd afhandelen. In deze release zijn de volgende veranderingen doorgevoerd:
- Reintroducing the 'Unload Groups' function. The function unloads all active and previously active groups from memory. The function can be accessed by CTRL+U and from the groups popup menu.
- Added function to include a 'signature' when posting to a usenet group.
- When saving files to disk, NewsLeecher now logs the name of the folder whereto the files are saved.
- Implemented a 'Mark as New' feature
- Added a download odometer to the statusbar. Can be turned off from the 'advanced' options dialog
- (SS) SuperSearch now indexes .torrent files. More info.
- GUI improved post new/post reply dialog. More preparation for full text reader functionality in NewsLeecher v4.0.
- The active page on the 'advanced' tab is now saved between sessions.
- The folder of downloaded articles are now written to the log.
- Lots of small improvements (easier creation of virtual groups, etc).
- Fixed bug when SuperSearch received search results containing *very* large files
- Fixed bug where 'Auto Mark as Old before Updating' didn't work properly in multi-server configurations
- (new bug in v3)
- Since beta 1, the post new / reply functions sometimes returned an internal bug. This has been fixed.
- Fixed a small bug with the 'active group dropdown' box
- Scroll problem when changing groups via the arrow shortcuts has been fixed
- Active Group article sorting issues are fixed. The fix was made by disabling an optimized sorting algorithm that made sorting several hundred percent faster. I'll look into a better fix in the future
- Since beta 1, XPAT sometimes threw back a bug when finding XPAT results. Fixed!
- Incoming articles with invalid date stamps are now processed correctly. This fixed a 'age filter' bug
- 'Manually Add Group' didn't work since beta 1. Fixed!
- Fixed bug where NewsLeecher would make a server connection go into a loop if trying to enter a usenet group that doesn't exist on the server
- Shortcuts to switch between tabs (ctrl+1 - ctrl+5) fixed.
- NewsLeecher didn't report to log when downloading incomplete files. Fixed.
- Lots of minor bugfixes.