MSI ontwikkelt samen met RivaTuner het programma MSI Afterburner, een tweakprogramma voor diverse grafische kaarten van MSI. Het kan de verschillende waarden van de grafische kaart bijhouden en weergeven, zoals kloksnelheid, spanning, temperatuur, fansnelheid en framerate. Daarnaast is het mogelijk om de kaart over te klokken en verschillende profielen aan te maken, waartussen eenvoudig kan worden gewisseld. De ontwikkelaars hebben alweer de zesde bètaversie van MSI Afterburner 2.0.0 uitgebracht, en deze voorzien van de volgende aankondiging en lijst met aanpassingen:
Afterburner 2.0.0 Beta 6 (2010-08-12) Triple Over-Voltage
Afterburner is almost 1 year old, during this year we successfully secured the leading posistion on graphics card utitlity, and start to find out our competitors try to keep up with us on over-voltage function. We're happy to see MSI Afterburner is leading the trend, but not satisfied with what we have now, we plan to go one step beyond everybody!
In Afterburner 2.0, we completely re-design the voltage control module, and implement world's first exclusive "Triple over-Voltage" function. On MSI hi-end graphics card like N460GTX Hawk, N480GTX Lightning, you can pull down the voltage control menu and over-voltage GPU, Memory and Aux.
By over-voltage GPU and Memory, you can reach even higher clock and performance than before. Aux over-voltage is also unique function of Afterburner 2.0, it can over-voltage PLL (PCI-Express, Crystal, Memory Bus) of GPU and help to push the clock limit to the highest under intensive overclocking.
By using Triple Over-voltage, we successfully push N460GTX Hawk into 1GHz core clock UNDER AIR COOLING, it's uneachable clock unless you use Afterburner 2.0.
You can start to download Afterburner 2.0 Beta today, try out compatiblity and give us feedback and suggestion. If you have 5870 reference card, you can try Aux over-voltage as well. N460GTX Hawk will be the first card supports Triple Over-Voltage, and MSI will release more and more cards support Triple or Dual Over-Voltage in the future.
If you want higher 3D performance, MSI graphics card and Afterburner are your only choice!
- Voltage control layer has been seriously revamped to give additional freedom to extreme overclockers with new custom design MSI graphics cards. Now MSI Afterburner is able to control up to 3 voltages on custom design MSI Fermi and other future custom design MSI graphics cards. New adjustable voltages include memory voltage and special multi-purpose auxiliary voltage feeding either memory bus (also known as VDDCI on AMD graphics cards) or PCIE bus and crystal (PEXVDD on NVIDIA graphics cards)
- Added core, memory and auxiliary PEXVDD voltage control for custom design MSI N480GTX Lighning series graphics cards with uP6225+uP6262 voltage regulators
- Added core, memory and auxiliary PEXVDD voltage control for custom design MSI N470GTX Twin Frozr II OV3 series graphics cards with uP6218+uP6262 voltage regulators
- Added core, memory and auxiliary PEXVDD voltage control for custom design MSI MSI N460GTX Hawk series graphics cards with uP6262 voltage regulators
- Added core voltage control for custom design MSI N460GTX Cyclone series graphics cards
- Added auxiliary VDDCI voltage control for reference design AMD RADEON HD 5870 series graphics cards
- Added fan tachometer monitoring for NVIDIA graphics cards. Please take a note that not all graphics cards are tachometer reading capable. So depending on graphics card and cooling system fan tachometer monitoring can be unavailable
- Optimized NVIDIA driver-level clock frequency monitoring codepath
- Minimum clock limits for all graphics cards have been reduced from 75% to 50%
- Dynamic overclocking, voltage and fan speed limits. MSI Afterburner no longer uses static slider limits calibration and adjusts the limits dynamically when some external factors affect it (e.g. Overdrive clock limits on AMD cards or VGA BIOS fan speed and voltage limits on NVIDIA GeForce GTX 400 cards)
- New temperature hysteresis settings for software automatic fan control mode gives you additional way to improve cooling system thermal and acoustic parameters
- Now fan speed limits (i.e. minimum and maximum fan speeds accepted by VGA BIOS and display driver) are displayed in custom fan speed curve editor window
- Built-in skin sizes have been reduced due to optimized internal skin panels representation and optimized compiled bitmap cache
- Optional skin compression ability in the built-in skin compiler. Skin format reference documentation has been updated to document new compression options
- Minor built-in skins appearance tweaks
- Now MSI Afterburner uses previously undocumented power user oriented startup mode via the task scheduler under Windows Vista / Windows 7. MSI Afterburner launch no longer requires UAC confirmation at Windows startup. Please take a note that Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 runtime libraries must be installed to get new startup mode working
- Now MSI Afterburner automatically fixes startup link if or is enabled but the registry or task scheduler startup entry is missing
- Startup profile is now displayed in option floating tooltip instead of the main window
- Now power users can enable optional DirectInput based hotkeys handler via the configuration file. DirectInput based hotkeys processing can seriously reduce hotkey response time in the applications heavily loading CPU (mostly 3D games) and leaving not enough time for processing standard keyboard input message queues. Please take a note that enabling such sophisticated hotkeys handling mode can cause some system security applications (e.g. pro-active application behavior analysis module of KIS) to warn you about possible keylogging threat
- Improved skin engine, now skinned controls support horizontal and/or vertical centering. Skin format reference guide has been updated to document these new alignment modes
- MSI On-Screen Display server has been upgraded to version 3.7.2. New version gives you the following improvements:
- Now screen capture events are identified visually by text message flashing in On-Screen Display during 0.25s
- Built-in skin sizes have been reduced due to optimized compiled bitmap cache
- Added On-Screen Display profile for Startcraft II : Wings of Liberty
- Added configuration file switch allowing sending MSI Afterburner to system tray instead of closing on <Close> button click
- <Start the task only when computer is running on AC power> option is no longer set in the startup task settings to allow automatically starting application via the task scheduler on laptops or on some UPS models
- Added Korean localization
|18:31||Google Picasa 3.8 build 115.45|
|18:26||Amarok 2.3.2 Beta 1|