gdew stuurde me richting deze review van H. Oda's WCPUA2 Athlon L2 Speed Control proggie. Dankzij een cocktail van WCPUA2, SoftFSB en K7OC (Athlon GFD om het voltage te uppen) was de reviewer in staat om zijn Athlon 500 tot 817MHz over te klokken:
I used WCPUA2 to bump the divisor down to 1/3, and then I used SoftFSB to increase the FSB in 1MHz increments, testing for stability as I went. With 1.75v, it choked out after 772MHz, only a 1MHz increase of the FSB. So I powered it down, and jacked the voltage up to 1.9v using the K7OC card (don't worry, the Athlon is naked with an Alpha P3125 modified to fit). I went back into WCPUA2 after rebooting and set the L2 back down to 1/3. I then fired up SoftFSB to continue testing. 780, 787, 795, 802, 810; no problem. I was getting a little nervous, but I wanted to push it harder. I increased the FSB up to 109 to reach 817MHz. Tested fine. I then tried 110 to hit 825, but Windows locked instantly. I was tempted to bump the voltage up some more and take another stab at it, but I don't want to smoke my CPU.