Serieus nieuws bij The Register: uit een onderzoek van Computec Media blijkt dat wij gamers normale homo sapiensen zijn!
Key findings indicated that the typical gamer was a well educated, well paid, socially well-adjusted male who - more than likely - drives a nice car. That's a real one, BTW.
Torsten Oppermann, CEO of Computec commented: "Hardcore gamers are only the smallest part of the market."
The vast majority of those playing computer games - 84 per cent - described themselves as 'casual game players' who do not know how to rocket jump or circle strafe. (Good news for the serious Quakers out there – more frags.) The remaining 16 per cent said that gaming was a serious hobby.
80 per cent of the gamers were between 16 and 34 and nearly half had a college education.
The most popular types of game were strategy, action and sports. Unsurprisingly, educational games finished an unimpressive last place in the popularity stakes.