The Register heeft een supertof artikel over het boek 'The Truth' waarin beweerd wordt dat we de microprocessor revolutie te danken hebben aan buitelandse technologie:
We owe the microchip revolution not to Intel but to aliens, if allegedly official top secret US government documents, released on the Web yesterday, are true.
The documents appear in a book entited The Truth and published on The Word is Truth Web site. The site claims they show that one or more alien vehicles crashed in the US in 1947, from which government scientists were able to recover numerous advanced technologies, including fibre optics and microcircuitry.
The documents suggest these technologies were ultimately seeded into industry for commercial exploitation.
The Truth's editor, Joseph P Firmage, claims the documents have undergone a two-year programme to confirm their authenticity. The study was led by a Dr Robert M Wood, former senior engineering manager fior McDonnell Douglas.
"It is now absolutely clear that one or more crashed vehicles were recovered by the military of the United States government in 1947," gushed Firmage. "It is certain that these vehicles were not manufactured by any contemporaneous government. Scientists and the media who reject this claim, particularly in the face of this most recent evidence, are ignoring the single most important event to confront humanity in perhaps 2000 years."
Andy Grove, on holiday in Tau Ceti, could not be reached for comment.
Om het allemaal wat sappiger te maken hier nog wat stuff van www.thewordistruth.org:
|"Among the more remarkable facts disclosed is the documents are the following:
1. - The spacecraft employ propellantless propulsion, clearly indicating some form of gravitational propulsion technology
2. - Several life forms were recovered among the debris, autopsies were conducted
3. - Dr. Vannevar Bush became Chairman of an operation called MAJESTIC TWELVE, charged with managing the recovery and ongoing analysis of the materials
4. - Raw technological material recovered was subsequently studied, some of which was "seeded" into private industry, yielding advances in now-common microcircuitry, fiber optics, materials sciences, and other applications
5. - Research programs were launched in rocketry, electronics, biological warfare, and advanced propulsion
6. - A security infrastructure more impenetrable than any in world history was put in place, in part through the establishment of the National Security Act of 1947. Through various intelligence vehicles, a program for "control of the press" was instituted ensuring that leaks were closed and any open scientific investigation discredited"