MindTwist droeg een linkje aan naar de Liberty Emulator van Gambit Studios, waarmee je Gameboy games op je PalmOS handheld kunt emuleren. Voor een optimale gameplay wordt 't geadviseerd om je Palm over te klokken met Afterburner :
Liberty™ is a an emulator which plays games originally designed for the Gameboy™ architecture. The emulator was handcrafted in assembly and is the fastest available for the Palm platform.
What is different
- Can run GameBoy™ hundreds of games on Palm OS devices.
- Many FREE games available for download.
- User-selectable palette on Palms with color screens
- Control Keys are completely configurable.
- Games may be saved for later play.
- All Liberty™ emulator customers receive free upgrades as new versions become available.
- Sound is not available due to the limited speed of the Palm processor.
- To get good speed with many games, you will need to use an over-clocking utility. Gambit Studios recommends and sells Afterburner 3.0
- Some games may not work correctly. If you find one, please let us know via the bugs page. You can check compatibility here.
- Handheld device
- Palm OS Version 2.0 or later
- 160K RAM minimum (for emulator and one game)
- May require up to 2MB for some games.
- Requires PC to run game conversion software.