Ability Mail Server is een mailserver die gebruik maakt van 128-bit SSL-encyptie en ondersteuning heeft voor verschillende protocollen zoals SMTP, POP3, IMAP4 en LDAP. Ook een spamfilter, een virusscanner en de mogelijkheid voor het op afstand beheren van de mailserver zijn aanwezig. De ontwikkelaars van Code-Crafters hebben onlangs versie 2.20 de deur uitgedaan met de volgende veranderingen sinds de laatste vermelding in de meuktracker:
- Added: New Bayesian SPAM filter.
- Added: New field tag: BAYESIANSCORE.Added: New manual page: Tutorial: Preventing SPAM.
- Fixed: Outgoing Mails DNS auto-detect mode could occasionally fail to perform MX Lookups.
- Removed: The 2 older SPAM filtering methods which did little to reduce SPAM.
- Added: SPF Safe IP list to enable correct support for backup mail servers and trusted relays.
- Added: New option to only allow login with the full email address. Allows the same user and password pairs to exist multiple times.
- Enhanced: Updating the installation can be performed while the mail server is still online.
- Enhanced: Mails rejected at the SMTP due to SPAM rules now also count towards daily limits.
- Enhanced: A more appropriate error message is given when users cannot be added to a domain.
- Fixed: If the Outgoing Mail service was not enabled, outbound mails would disappear without a failure message.
- Fixed: DNS Cache did not correctly store SPF results.
- Fixed: An email received on the SMTP which was larger than the General mail size limit did not generate a failure message.
- Fixed: IMAP4 Mozilla compatibility issue.
- Added: Sender Policy Framework (SPF) support.
- Added: DNS Cache to improve performance of MX and SPF lookups.
- Enhanced: All filtering services and SPAM filters have been moved to a new 'Filters' section.
- Enhanced: DNS 'Test' button in Outgoing Mails settings now can also test 'Auto-Detect' mode.
- Fixed: User custom filters 'from address' matching performed an exact match rather than a containment match.
- Added: New display formatting methods for the users section in the dialog interface.
- Enhanced: Various minor interface improvements.
- Added: New warning message to help prevent accidental overwriting of already existing account directories.
- Added: "
" filter option to users and mailing lists sections in interface.
- Added: 8bitmime support to SMTP.
- Added: SSL Version 3 support.
- Added: New group options to allow failure mails to be sent back to sender if the mail is too large or the account is full.
- Added: New domain option to prevent potential mail loops.
- Enhanced: STARTTLS command in SMTP connections can now be performed before the EHLO command.
- Enhanced: Users and mailing lists are now displayed with the domain to help improve administration.
- Fixed: Auto detection of DNS entries occasionally did not correctly read the windows registry.
- Fixed: Running in NT Service mode could result in the interface not displaying correctly.
- Fixed: When selecting a 'Browse' button and when running in NT Service mode could result in an unnecessary error message.
- Fixed: Switching between NT service mode and application mode could occasionally fail.
- Fixed: Running the import tool or setup wizard didn't trigger a re-initialisation of the mail server.
- Fixed: IMAP4 FETCH command did not correctly return the body text.
- Fixed: IMAP4 did not correctly inform clients that STARTTLS was supported.
- Fixed: IMAP4 partial fetching and body structure responses did not fully conform to the standard.
- Removed: Reloading of settings and accounts when accessing Remote Admin. This could cause unnecessary delays.