Qualcomm heeft een nieuwe betaversie van zijn e-mailprogramma Eudora uitgebracht. De bèta heeft versienummer 6.2.3 beta meegekregen en kan vanaf hier worden gedownload. Eudora is op drie manieren te gebruiken. Ten eerste kan er gratis met beperkt mogelijkheden worden gewerkt. Dan is er de mogelijkheid om nog steeds voor niets, maar met meer functionaliteit aan de gang te gaan. In dat geval worden er wel advertenties afgebeeld. Voor vijftig dollar, tenslotte, kan het volledige arsenaal aan features worden gebruikt en dat ook nog zonder reclame. Hieronder staan alle veranderingen ten opzichte van versie 6.2.1:
- Deleted IMAP junk messages in the Inbox are no longer automatically junked
- Fixed potential crash when certain IMAP operations failed repeatedly
- No longer filtering incoming IMAP messages that are marked as deleted
- Fixed potential crash when filtering incoming IMAP messages and one or more of those messages were marked as deleted.
- In "Tools|Options|Checking Mail" the "Last SSL Info" button now works for
- IMAP as well as POP
- Fixed bogus "certificate name does not match" when negotiating an SSL connection
- Improved wording when non-fatal certificate errors are encountered
- Now limiting nickname field in address book to 32 characters, since that's all we support saving
- Fixed case where certain address book entries could cause a crash when new mail was received
- Make Address Book Entry now works when the preview pane is turned off
- No longer telling Light mode users to profile
- Contextual filing is no longer available in light mode
- In light mode you can no longer check mail for other personalities via Ctrl+Shift+M
- Question marks in values of mailto: parameters no longer considered field separators
- mailto: URLs with encoded characters were being decoded too soon, which caused them not to be parsed correctly
- Removed check for embedded top-level domains from ScamWatch
- Fixed bug introduced in 6.2 where Eudora could crash during launch if the
- Out mailbox needed to be rebuilt
- Fixed case where HTML tables in certain junk messages could cause Eudora's built in viewer to crash
- Fixed crash that would sometimes occur when checking mail and the In mailbox was locked by another program (e.g. a backup application).
- Fixed bug introduced in 6.2 where using "Find Messages" to find messages containing a phrase was slow and could yield less matches and/or incorrect matches particularly for large mailboxes
- Eudora now supports 9999 attachments with the same name (increased from 999)
- Fixed small toolbar button for "Filter Messages"
- Fixed bug where selected/highlighted text could be deleted during emoticon conversion
- Fixed obscure bug where text in filters would be replaced with garbage if the text exceeded approximately 256 characters
- Fixed bug where it sometimes was not possible to paste text into the "Search Bar"
- Fixed bug where plugin composition toolbar icons were not displayed properly in Eudora 6.2
- Added a new hidden option,
, which controls how many characters before Eudora will wrap a line when sending a message if the message is being sent with the format=flowed parameter (has long lines) and quoted-printable encoding (has 8-bit characters). The default value is 50 characters. Also, the default value for where lines get wrapped for non-quoted-printable text, , was changed to 70 characters.