ATi heeft zojuist versie 5.3 van zijn Catalyst-stuurprogramma's vrijgegeven. In de driver treffen we naast de nodige bugfixes ook een nieuwe versie van Overdrive aan, ATi's ingebakken overklokutility. Verder is er nu ook ondersteuning voor OpenGL 2.0 aanwezig. Tenslotte wordt er in deze versie een nieuwe feature met de naam eRecord ge´ntroduceerd, een error logging systeem die alleen in combinatie met de Catalyst Control Center gebruikt wordt. Meer informatie zijn in de release notes te vinden. Hieronder is daaruit een korte samenvatting te vinden met de veranderingen en bekende problemen in deze release:
- OVERDRIVE Version 4
- Windows XP Media Center Edition Display Control Panel Extension
- OpenGL Version 2.0 Support
- 3DMark2001: A black screen is no longer displayed when launching 3DMark2001 after launching Aquamark3, when the CATALYST CONTROL CENTER is installed.
- Code Creatures: Running the benchmark under Windows XP SP2 with an ATI RADEON 9250 installed, and the desktop display set to either 1600x1200, 1280x1024, or 1024x768 no longer results in the ground textures appearing corrupted.
- Pacific Fighters: Playing the game after playing any track for a short period of time and having the landscape detail set to perfect no longer results in the clouds becoming blocking when flying.
- Thief Deadly Shadows: Setting the desktop display to 1024x768 32bpp and setting the Texture Preference to High Performance in the control panel no longer results in corruption being seen at the end of the introduction movie.
- Attempting to apply a higher refresh rate to a non-DDC monitor no longer results in the refresh rate reverting to 60hz.
- Accessing the Problem Report Wizard option from the ATI icon in the system tray no longer results in Problem Report Wizard not being translated in the supported localized languages.
- Entering the Video option found in the Graphic Setting tab of the CATALYST CONTROL CENTER no longer results in the side scroll bar being missing for the secondary display device connected to an ATI RADEON 9800 series under Windows XP.
- The Welcome tab found in the CATALYST CONTROL CENTER is now completely localized for the Japanese version of Windows XP, or 2000.
- Using the CATALYST CONTROL CENTER to access the Display Manager no longer results in corruption being seen on top of menu text in the Dutch, French, Spanish, and Portuguese versions of Windows XP.
- The TV formats now corresponds to the country selected in the TV properties.
- Having a CRT and TV connected to the ATI RADEON X850 series no longer results in the TV image quality page not being grayed out when enable video mode is enabled.
- Launching the Hotkey Manager found in the CATALYST CONTROL CENTER no longer results in the Hotkey Manager window not closing when hitting the ESC key.
- Using the CATALYST CONTROL CENTER to access the Display Manager no longer results in corruption being seen on top of menu text in the Dutch, French, Spanish, and Portuguese versions of Windows XP
- Entering the Video option found in the Graphic Setting tab of the CATALYST CONTROL CENTER no longer results in the side scroll bar being missing for the secondary display device connected to an ATI RADEON 9800 series under Windows XP
- Creating a profile for clone or stretch mode and attempting to change to that mode from an extended desktop mode, no longer results in the task failing to complete.
- The Windows desktop and Full-screen video options are no longer missing when clicking the back button found in the Video Wizard of the CATALYST CONTROL CENTER.
- The CATALYST CONTROL CENTER tool bar now displays correctly after applying a new skin and restarting the CATALYST CONTROL CENTER.
- Defining a custom view in the CATALYST CONTROL CENTER by deselecting the graphic adapter and applying the changes, no longer results in the Advanced view taking on the properties of the defined custom view.
- The font size used in the CATALYST CONTROL CENTER for the Quicksilver and Steelblue skins have been readjusted in order to be seen clearer.
- Enabling Temporal AA no longer results in a noticeable flicker on the display device.
[break]De volgende downloads zijn beschikbaar:
- Call of Duty: Corruption is noticed when playing a saved game under Windows XP with an ATI RADEON 9100 PRO IGP series installed and having a variety of graphic options provided by the game set high.
- Farcry: Playing the game under Windows XP SP2 with the display set to 1024x768 32bpp along with AA disabled results in flashing textures being noticed when setting the game's video options to high detail.
- Half-Life 2: Having the display set to 1024x768 32bpp and setting the video options in the game set to 1600x1200 and all other options set to their maximum values results in sluggish performance and missing textures.
- Rainbow six3: Athena Sword: Playing the game under Windows 2000 with an ATI RADEON X700 installed results in the game failing to retain its resolution option of 1600x1200 if you Alt-tab out of the game and then Alt-tab back to the game.
- Serious Sam: The Second Encounter: Playing the game for approximately 5 to 10 minutes under Windows XP with the game quality set at normal/default, results in display corruption being seen in the menu.
- Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2: Playing the game under Windows XP with an ATI RADEON 9800 series installed, results in display corruption being noticed when changing the in-game options from low to maximum.
- Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic: Loading the Dantooine level of the game under Windows XP results in slow game performance.
- Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2: Setting the graphic option in the CATALYST CONTROL CENTER to Optimal Quality, followed by launching the game and setting the resolution option to 1600x1200, results in a performance drop being noticed.
- Assigning a hotkey to increase the overlay gamma results in the hotkey not functioning properly when playing an MPEG using the Windows Media Player.
- The Apply button in the Custom settings of the Advanced mode found under the CATALYST CONTROL CENTER Video standard settings is grayed out when playing a media file.
- Installing the display driver and the CATALYST CONTROL CENTER, results in a runtime error and the system tray failing to start when attempting to create multiple user accounts and enabling fast user switching.
- The CATALYST CONTROL CENTER installation currently does not check for the installation of Microsoft .Net Framework before preceding with the install, resulting in an error message being displayed when attempting to launch the CATALYST CONTROL CENTER.
- Setting the desktop display to 800x600 or 1600x1200 16/32bpp results in the incorrect display resolution information being provided when checking the video control panel in the CATALYST CONTROL CENTER.
- Using the ATI Problem Report Wizard under Windows XP SP2 with an ATI RADEON X850 XT installed results in an error message appearing when clicking the Finish button for the problem report.
- Hesitation and display corruption is noticed when moving an MCE window from the primary display device to a secondary TV or DVI display device.
Catalyst 5.3 met Control Panel
Catalyst 5.3 met Catalyst Control Center
Catalyst 5.3, alleen de display driver
Catalyst 5.3, alleen de Control Panel
Catalyst 5.3, alleen de Catalyst Control Center
Catalyst 5.3, alleen de WDM Integrated Driver