Microsoft heeft de eerste service pack uitgebracht voor Visual Studio .NET 2002. Het pakket is vanaf deze server in de Engelse taaluitvoering te downloaden. Naast de gebruikelijke security updates zhebben de ontwikkelaars zich ook gemoeid om de stabiliteit van het programma te verbeteren. Service Pack 1 wordt geleverd met de volgende release notes:
There are a few known issues with Visual Studio .NET 2002 Service Pack 1 that are outlined below along with suggested workarounds.
- The Visual Studio .NET 2002 Service Pack 1 installer may require access to the original installation source to determine if a file is valid. If this condition occurs
Note: If this condition occurs when installation is run silently (for example, installation using SMS or other enterprise software deployment tool), the failure will occur with a 1603 return code. The string, “Error 1706.No valid source could be found for product …” will be placed in the log if MSI logging is enabled.
- and the original product was installed from CD, insert the original product CD and setup will proceed.
- and the original product was installed from a network share, browse to the original network location or enter the original network install location into the dialog and installation will proceed.
- Visual Studio .NET 2002 Service Pack 1 includes part of a fix allowing T-SQL Remote Debugging to function correctly in the more secure environments provided by Windows XP Service Pack 2 and Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1. The following actions must be taken to enable T-SQL debugging on Windows XP Service Pack 2 and Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1.
- Client machine: Installs Visual Studio .NET 2002 Service Pack 1. This updates sqlle.dll. No other action has to be taken. Note that the new sqlle.dll is installed regardless of the version of Windows running on the client machine.
- Server machine:
- If the remote debugging components were installed from the Visual Studio .NET 2002 CD, then the user needs to apply Visual Studio .NET 2002 Service Pack 1.
- If the remote debugging components were installed by SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 3, then the user must install two SQL Server Hotfixes: KB#885442 and KB#890742. These Hotfixes should also be available when SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 4 is released.
- VSIP ATL libraries are not updated after installing VS .NET 2002 Service Pack 1 resulting in fatal link errors when attempting to build VSIP samples.
- The Visual Studio .NET 2002 Service Pack 1 installer only updates files originally shipped with Visual Studio .NET 2002. The ATL libraries used by VSIP are the same as those supplied with Visual Studio. To ensure the latest libraries are used, delete or rename the following VSIP installed libs.