Het ontwikkelteam van Mozilla.org heeft een nieuwe versie van Mozilla Camino uitgebracht. Het versienummer van deze browser voor het MacOS X-platform is aangekomen bij 0.8.2. De websurfer maakt gebruik van Cocoa voor de user interface en de Gecko-engine om webpagina's te renderen. Daarnaast beschikt het programma over tabbed browsing, een popup blocker en een Google-zoekveld. De 0.8.2-release wordt gekenmerkt door de volgende veranderingen:
Since the 0.8.1 release, we have fixed the following:
- Folders in the Bookmark Menu and on the Bookmark Bar have an "Open in Tabs" item to open the contents of the folder in new tabs
- Command-up/down arrow scrolls to the top/bottom of webpage (as in Safari)
- Fixed crash on webpages using : hover and : overflow and scrolling
- Correctly recognizes the new bookmark location for Firefox 1.0
- Import bookmark separators from Netscape/Mozilla/Firefox
- Fixed issues with bookmark importing that could cause crashes or Camino to become unresponsive
- Fixed folders nesting incorrectly when importing Netscape/Mozilla/Firefox bookmarks
- Fixed an issue where no window would open if your homepage was blank
- Fixed the inconsistent ordering when folders are added to other bookmark folders
- Bookmark manager correctly updates when dragging folders to a new container
- Download manager now correctly reflects the file name on save when the user changes it
- Fixed an issue where selecting an item from a folder in the Bookmark Bar would open all items in that folder as tabs
- No longer attempt to load separators when opening a bookmark folder as tabs.
- Several fixes to improve localization
Migrating from Camino 0.7
- If you've customized your toolbar, the Google search field might not show up automatically. Use "View:Customize Toolbar" to add it.
- The list of search engines can be easily customized, see "Help:Customizing Search Engines"
- The bookmark sidebar has been replaced by an in-window bookmark organizer, allowing many more features and better management
- Site "favicons" (small images specified by the web page that display in the bookmarks bar and menu) are removed when Camino crashes because Gecko invalidates the disk cache.
- Activate type-ahead find by typing a "/" when the content area has focus. As you type, the nearest text matching the current find string will be highlighted. To find the next occurrence, use "Edit:Find again". To cancel type-ahead find, press Escape.
- Even though there is a user interface for automatic bookmark checking, the backend code has been disabled. It may return once we get the kinks worked out.
- The user profile has moved to ~/Library/Application Support/Camino and no longer contains a nested "salted" (xxxxx.slt) profile directory.
- The profile will be migrated at first run and the original profile will not be touched. The disk cache will not be copied, but cookies and bookmarks will.
- By default, the dock menu shows the contents of the "Top Ten" bookmark container and will appear empty when upgrading from 0.7 (which did not have this container). Visiting web pages will populate the container and the menu.
- If you have problems migrating your profile, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Known 10.3-only issues
- If you are running Mac OS X 10.1.5, you need to download the MRJPlugin to run java applets.
- Typing and dragging in Java applets does not work correctly.
- A bug in 10.3 causes text in IFRAMEs to "float" as the window is resized and not repaint correctly when scrolled. This has been fixed in 10.3.4.
- A bug in 10.3 can cause multiple bookmarks to appear on the Bookmark Bar or Desktop when dragged from Camino. No ETA from Apple on a fix.
- Images on some webpages (such as the rating stars on Amazon.com) render incorrectly when your display is set to thousands of colors. The workaround is to set your display to millions of colors (bug 239701).
- Shockwave Director content displays at the wrong location in the window, if hardware rendering is enabled.
- The Windows Media Player plugin is not compatible with Camino.
- If you try to open Camino AppleScript dictionary, say from Script Editor, you’ll get an error. To work around this, open the application package, and remove the “Localized.rsrc” file in Contents/Resources/English.lproj. This will, however, prevent Shockwave Director content from loading so we recommend you do this on a copy of the application.
- While the worst issues from 0.7 have been resolved, some issues remain when typing in non-Roman languages