De ontwikkelaars van de internetbrowser Opera hebben onlangs de vierde technical preview van de 7.60-branch uitgebracht. Opera ondersteunt onder meer tabbed browsing, een popup blocker en bestaat daarnaast uit een e-mailprogramma met een uitgebreide spamfilter. Technical Preview 4 is beschikbaar voor zowel Windows als Linux. Hieronder is te lezen welke veranderingen doorgevoerd zijn:
- This release has been packaged in a rewritten installer. Please be on the lookout for problems with it. One problem with Opera Mail message display has already been identified. See this thread for information about fixing it.
- Added "Check for new release" to Help menu. This is not yet fully functional.
- Changed default start-up setting to "Continue from last time".
- Trying out on-line help files using Operator Cache, which leaves all previously visited help files in local storage.
- Improved notification pop-ups for downloads and messages.
- Inline find checkbox added to Search preferences (was found in Edit menu pre-7.60).
- Simplification of "Delete private data" dialog.
- "Frame" and "Background" sub-menus are now only visible in document context menus if the document actually contains frames or has a background.
- Made Ctrl + E work correctly in Notes and Bookmarks panel.
- Bookmark page now defaults to opening on top level unless a specific folder is selected from the menu, or from right-click in panel.
- Add link to active bookmarks folder is now Ctrl + Shift + T.
- Skin menu cleaned up and added to the View menu below Toolbars.
- If setting is "always maximize", this is now also applied to pop-ups too large for the workspace.
- Enhancements to search in server manager dialog.
- Focus fix when double-clicking an empty page to go to the home page.
Messaging and newsfeeds
- Numerous improvements to favicon support. Favicons are now available in search fields, global history, address drop-down lists, and Top 10 visited listing. Favicons are cleared when deleting private data.
- Made textareas printable.
- Improvements to Fit-to-width for printing, which is now on by default.
- Solved several encoding issues.
- Multiple rendering fixes.
- Chat, e-mail, and newsfeed views now have proper, fully customizable toolbars that can be turned off. "Quick show" for e-mail has been removed.
- Display drop down menu newsfeed icon in URL field and newsfeed button on navigation bar when more than one RSS feed is linked from the page.
- Status display for newsfeeds changed from "Fetching messages" to "Updating newsfeeds".
- New mailing list views now default to threaded sorting.
- Changed URL in default e-mail signature.
- Added mark thread as read and go to next unread commands and keyboard shortcuts.
- Mark thread as read: M
- Mark thread as read and go to next unread: N
- Avoid losing non-submitted chat input when using up/down arrows to cycle input history.
- Several minor chat enhancements and fixes to DCC transfers.
- Added command /quote that behaves like /raw (sends the rest of the line as-is to the IRC server).
- Tightened frame origin check. Side effect: documents not passing the check will open in a new page.
- Fixed LiveConnect class access security issue reported by Jouko Pynnonen.
- Content-encoded downloads marked as "non-resumable", as resuming would corrupt the downloaded file (does not affect tar.gz).
- Rewrote installer and added checks for common plug-in directories.
Smooth scrolling enabled by default.UNIX-specific
[break]Opera 7.60 build 7364b Technical Preview 4 Windows
- Support for detecting a running KDE environment and reading the KDE plug-in path.
- Added Alt + F11 as an alternative shortcut to toggle the menu bar.
- Support for mouse buttons 6 and 7 (sidebuttons).
- Layout fixes in print dialog box.
- Fixed problems with handling of file types that were using the "Open with default application" option.
- When running the "opera" script from the extract directory of a tar.gz or tar.bz, Opera will automatically create a personal settings directory so that "-personaldir" is not required. The EcmaScript console will also work in this mode of operation.
Opera 7.60 build 874 Technical Preview 4 Linux