Audacity is bijgewerkt naar versie 1.2.3. Audacity is een open source-audio editor en beschikbaar voor Linux, MacOS 9 en X, en Windows. Het programma kan geluid opnemen, wav-, aiff-, ogg- en mp3-bestanden importeren en exporteren, en heeft een ongelimiteerde undo. Daarnaast heeft het een hoop effecten aan boord, zoals fade-in en uit, echo, tempo veranderen en Noise Removal. Meer effecten kunnen eenvoudig worden toegevoegt, want het programma ondersteund zowel VST als LADSPA plug-ins. De zojuist uitgekomen release wordt met het volgende changelog geleverd:
Changes in Audacity 1.2.3
- Windows: Fixed a bug that caused recording to stop or display incorrectly after about 50 minutes, on some Windows systems. (This was partly fixed in Audacity 1.2.2, but still didn't work on some systems.)
- Mac OS X: Fixed a major bug that caused Audacity to crash at seemingly-random times on Mac systems, especially during playback or recording.
- The Change Pitch and Change Tempo effects have been upgraded to use a new version of the SoundTouch library by Olli Parviainen, with better speed and higher quality.
- libsndfile has been upgraded to version 1.0.11. Audacity can now import Sound Designer II (SDII) files.
- Fixed a bug that caused the program to run slowly when using the Envelope tool.
- Shift-clicking on a mute or solo button now un-mutes (or un-solos) all other tracks.
- Nyquist plug-ins can now accept strings as input. Also, a "Debug" button has been added to Nyquist effect dialogs, which allows you to see all of the output produced by Nyquist, for aid in debugging.
- When the audio file referenced ("aliased") by an Audacity project is missing, Audacity will now always play silence. Before, Audacity would sometimes repeat the most recent audio that was played previously.
- VU Meters will now always reset when audio I/O has stopped.
- New or updated translations: Italian (it), Hungarian (hu), Ukrainian (uk), Spanish (es). Polish (pl), Simplified Chinese (zh), Norsk-Bokmal (nb), French (fr), Russian (ru).
- Audacity can import and display MIDI files, but they cannot be played or edited.
- Linux: Recording in full duplex (play existing tracks while recording) on some systems causes mono recordings to sound distorted. To work around this problem, set Audacity to record in stereo.
- MacOS X: Audacity cannot work with files or folders that are contained inside folders with international characters (accent marks, etc.) in their names. Note that files with accented characters work, and Audacity projects with accented characters work. Only files inside of folders with accented characters in their names will cause problems.